Watchtower 2007 3/15 -- Is 1914 dropped?

by observer 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Corruption is the friend of power...........

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The DEC 2006 Asleep also fails to mention 1914 in a similar type of article.

HB

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

There you go - if they divide the two comings far enough apart in time it's easier to fade the first (1914) coming. HEATHEN said it, they can't get rid of it but they can focus now on the future coming so the 1914 issue becomes a distant curiosity.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

it will be as easy to drop, as in 1929 when they changed the year for the invisible presence from 1874 to 1914.

By then 1874 was over fifty years away, its champions long dead.

Nor was there a murmur when the time of the end was changed from 1799 to 1914.

Make no mistake - the conjuror is about to produce another magic puppy from his hat.

HB

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

I'm definitely with you HB ,time and smoke and mirrors - I just feel so foolish now for not listening years ago to that little voice that said to me "but that's not right"

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

1914 generations http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/109157/1.ashx our thread on 1914 'generations'

km10/93p.8UsingOurMagazinesFromHousetoHouse The purpose of Awake! is stated clearly on page 4 of each issue: "This magazine builds confidence in the Creator’s promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away
  • thetrueone
    thetrueone

We all had that little voice Wozy...........sometimes you have to stand back and glance at a picture to get a full appreciation of what it really is .....

• penny2
    penny2

The Jan 1 2007 WT mentions 1914.

Page 27, para 9 in part: "As this journal has often shown, that battle began in 1914." (It's talking about the battle between Jesus & angels and Satan & demons.)

There is an * at the bottom: "For Scriptural proof that Christ's presence began in 1914, see the book What Does the Bible Really Teach? pages 215-218, published by Jehovah's Witnesses."

penny2

• heathen
    heathen

The battle has also been considered armageddon , since satan was thrown out of heaven and took rulership over the man made governments . It's a battle between the kingdom of the heavens and oppressive governments that inhibit the progress of the preaching work. The kingdom being represented by the 144k and great crowd. At least I heard one elder at the cong. say that and made sense to me .Armageddon ends on the great fear inspiring day of God almighty and the destruction of the world . Now 1914 I'm not sure if it was Russels pyramidology that produced that first or did they use the Daniel 4 seven times?

• Norm
    Norm

I don't think it's likely that the WTS will drop 1914 any time soon. To much hangs on that date.
    About this business of Jesus coming I have found it quite amusing when I have read texts like this:

(Matthew 24:50) 50 the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know,
    (Matthew 24:42-44) 42 Keep on the watch, therefore, because YOU do not know on what day YOUR Lord is coming. 43 “But know one thing, that if the householder had known in what watch the thief was coming, he would have kept awake and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44 On this account YOU too prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming.
    (Luke 12:40) 40 YOU also, keep ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think likely the Son of man is coming.”

I mean, for Apocalyptic sects like the JW's it will simply be impossible for Christ ever to return as "a thief" or otherwise as there NEVER is a time when he is not expected! There is never "an hour that YOU do not think to be it," or "an hour that YOU do not think likely the Son of man is coming.”

You see it is simply not possible for Christ to find any moment at all when his return isn't expected.

Norm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit