Watchtower 2007 3/15 -- Is 1914 dropped?

by observer 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mary
    Mary

Or at the very least, the Great Tribulation.

• metatron
    metatron

I believe in the "death of the Bolsheviks/Long March veteran" theory of totalitarian organizations. Here's how and why it works:

You get a bunch of fanatics who see themselves as heroes who endured some glorified struggle - such as the Russian Revolution

or the triumph of Chinese Communists. Seventy or eighty years pass by and they die off. Guess what happens?

Suddenly, the unthinkable and utterly surpressed becomes possible because the iconic generation that held control is dead

and gone.

How does this relate to the Watchtower? The Russelite and Rutherford veterans are dead, almost to a man. It may be that 1914

is becoming an embarrassment as we drive deeply into the 21st century. It only serves to emphasize how bogus their delayed

hopes are.

We shall see. However, I do wonder how they can disentangle their morass of doctrine from 1914. Maybe they simply announce that

'we have the truth' ( trinity, ressurrection, no gays, no cross, blah blah) and consider that enough to distinguish themselves.

metatron

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

The one issue that I could never resolve in my mind as a faithful witness was this whole coming/presence thing. His presence started in 1914 (or 1919 I couldn't figure that one out). But his "coming" is much later.

How can some one be present, but not come. I thought you had to come to be present. Blondie...help me out?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    How can some one be present, but not come. I thought you had to come to be present.

You start by being Elsewhere!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

According to Gerrit Losch, didn't Jesus come in 7 different ways?

That's a lot of coming.

• Kudra
    Kudra

No, SirNose,

I think he was talking about what Jesus Cano was doing in prison last night...

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

LOL @ AK - TigerHead said

• mavie
    mavie
    How can some one be present, but not come. I thought you had to come to be present.

You start by being Elsewhere!

Well I know you have to be present to come. However, if you are elsewhere, the presence of your coming will not be felt or seen.

• 5go
    5go
    No, SirNose,

I think he was talking about what Jesus Cano was doing in prison last night...

I don't think he was the one coming.

• observer
    observer

blondie,

How about this? It clearly refers "coming" of Rev. 1:7 as "invisible presence".

In what sense will ‘every eye see him’? They will discern from events on earth that he is invisibly present.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit