Watchtower 2007 3/15 -- Is 1914 dropped?

by observer 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Philippus79
    Philippus79

I think they have good "sales" reasons to drop 1914 but on the other hand they can't directly do it because of the temple-inspection scenario.

To add to this confusion, I just want to mention that I believe his "parousia" and his "epiphania" (coming in great glory, glory seen by all) are 2 different things. I think his parousia starts with genuine spirit-baptized ("annointed") persons on earth. It started somewhere at the beginning of the 20th century when Christ annointed persons from heaven to become part of his wife-to-be. By annointing people to be his wife, he was again present in the flesh (through the flesh of his wife). Husband and wife being one flesh, ya, know *g*

He will be present(parousia) as long as genuine members of his wife's body are around on earth. And (then?) he will "arrive in his glory" (epiphania) so that every eye will see him. The scripture do not say "every heart will see him"! They clearly tell us that he will return on the clouds just as he went away.

But that are just my 2 coins...

Agape,

Philippus

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

For decades the WTBCS taught that Christs Rule began in the "midst of his enemies " in 1914. This was certainly the angle taken in the Truth books. (psalm 110)

yet this article implies that his rule will begin in the future - or at least leaves room for the reader to make that assumption.

They will stop talking about 1914, until nobody remembers what exactly they said.

HB

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    They will stop talking about 1914, until nobody remembers what exactly they said.
    Topic: 1914 BREATHTAKING BLASPHEME (page 1)
    "..advertise,advertise,advertise Christ enthronement in 1914.."Watchtower war cry for 100 years!
    www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/116222/1.ashx

Actually the psychopathic profile of the Watchtower cult is predictable,they will scapegoat and pin the rap all on the evil slaves aka 'apostates' again

Just like the did the first time when 1914 failed in 1914 and they didn't all beam up to heaven~Danny Haszard

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Maybe that "beating themselves" thing explans how you really can be simply somewhere else when you come.

• Marcel
    Marcel

this is so crazy. ive just read the 1984 article "1914 - The Generation that will not pass away". babys born in 1914 are 93 years old now. time runs out. the article says that gods prophecies never fail and state some examples from the scriptures. this change was very crazy. "new light" haha.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    I wish so badly they would get rid of 1914. Its so dumb.

y would u care

• Seeking The Truth
    Seeking The Truth

Blondie, you are incredibly knowlegable about all of this! They are studying the Revelations Book for the 4th Time now. But what perplexes me is that are using the same book (rather than a revised edition) with a paper index for the revisions. With all the $$$ the WTS has why on Earth would they do this??? And also, why study the same book 4 times? Have they ran out of material or book authors?? Can you give me any insight on this matter? Thanks!

• blondie
    blondie

Why study same WTS book for the 4th time?

I wonder how many JWs realize that when the Daniel Prophecy book came out in that it replaced the Your Will Be Done book of 1958? Why, because the WTS felt there was no new information (new light) until 1999.

It has been since 10/94 (12 years) since the Revelation book has been studied. I'm sure that with the turnover that many people have left and new people come in since then that have no knowledge of the WTS interpretation of Revelation.

Could there be a financial reason why not many new books (paperback) were printed and rather a KM insert with the changes was printed instead? Probably.

Blondie

(there are some extensive threads on this but I can't find them at the moment)

• Gill
    Gill

Blondie - That's a very good point about why a KM insert was added for the Revelation book....was it financial. Could the WTBTS be worried about its money supplies drying up OR/ has their been no 'New Lies' to reveal since the 1995 generation change fiasco?

1914 may not have been mentioned in this article and as you say, this article is about Rev 1:7, byt, 1914 would still be relevant in supporting their theory on christ's presence being 'near'.

I love watching these strange twists, turns and manipulations of the WT.

The beginnings of the death throes of a monster being strangled by its own lawyers is truly fascinating!

• heathen
    heathen
    The scripture do not say "every heart will see him"! They clearly tell us that he will return on the clouds just as he went away.

Yes but the j-dubs say that earth dwellers won't see him ever with their eyes and jesus never comes to earth. It's obvious that the whole crowd in that scripture witnessed jesus ascending into heaven , the angel states that he will return in like fashion , I'm saying that I believe all will see him land on earth in the city of new jerusalem at some time during the GT and only the faithful and true are allowed in while all the earth is destroyed , it works kinda like a noahs ark.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit