Hunting!

by zack 55 Replies latest jw friends

• jimbo
    jimbo

Hello zack;

Maybe you need to make a certain point clear!!! There is a huge difference between Sport Hunting and Hunting for food.

I hunt for food! I don't like killing, but every one that ever eats a burger at McDonalds or Burger King etc. or enjoys a turkey dinner or a pastrami sandwich or a BLT or wears leather shoes or a leather wallet or purse (you get the point) needs to see the animal die even just one time to really appreciate the life given for your comfort or pleasure.

Many times I have forgone shooting an animal just because at the time it just did not feel right. I think that is a good thing.

I think that people that hire there killing done need to get a clue. The next time that you take a bite of that burger or steak think about the animal that died for your enjoyment. Think about that cow skin that is protecting your feet.

If you can honestly say that you use no animal products at all you are a rare person indeed, and have earned the right to criticize those of us that do if you want. Even those plastic flip flops that you wear on the beach may result in an animals untimely death.

jimbo (I love a good elk steak)

PS; Since I am a hunter my itellectual capacity may be impaired!! I hope that you can understand the point of my post.

• skyking
    skyking

I was shot in the leg years ago by my brother it was an accident does he still hunt, yes. Also riding a horse you have more a chance of being killed than hunting. Am I to tell my teenage daughter she should set in the chair and watch TV? A person is born to live and living is a dangerous sport, In the State of Idaho there are on an average of two accidental shootings per year hunting and when I was 16 I was one of the two. While millions and millions of hours are spent hunting in Idaho each year.

I am sorry you shot some one and I am sorry my brother shot me but I have not quit living enjoying nature.

As for hunters that are human killers that is total BULL I am totally against the war and have written congress telling congress my thought about the the illegal war as I have posted several time.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Or if you prefer: "Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup" as one saying goes. Anyway, the point is, do you want cougars roaming the streets of New York, feeding off of random pedestrians? No? Ofcourse not.

PLeas put that crack pipe down before you post or hunt. If you think cougars are going to be roaming the streets of New York and your ideology is protecting man kind. Your delusional. Roll another joint my man.

I'm sure you were a good jw with your straw man arguments.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Even those plastic flip flops that you wear on the beach may result in an animals untimely death.

PS; Since I am a hunter my itellectual capacity may be impaired!! I hope that you can understand the point of my post.

I think you are right. The last time I checked plastic was made out of petroleum. Unless you subscribe to the theory that a dinosaur met an untimely death and turned into oil thousands of years ago.

Some scientist say that the earth produces oil constantly and it is not from the dinosaurs and decomposed leaves.

Or did you mean I might trip on a dog or cat with my plastic flipflops on the beach and fall on it and kill it?

• jimbo
    jimbo

jaguarbass;

Probably in the past you hired your animal killing done. Burgers and fries and all that. Have you changed? What changed you if that is the case???

jimbo

• skyking
    skyking

jaguarbass you put your foot in your mouth when you made fun of Jimbo. Yes flip flops are a problem they cause death to birds that put their heads through the flippy part of the flip flop. Then the bird can not eat and dies. A few stupid environmentalist have tried to out law the Flippy flop and all of us up in these parts have had a field day making fun of the out of touch tree hugger.

Did you know that gelatin is made from animal hooves and cartledge? So when you buy candy like gummy worms or jelly beans you are eating a animal that died so you could enjoy. Red food Dy is made from a red beetle shell so every time you eat a bag of M&M's you are eating a product that something died so you could enjoy.

• skyking
    skyking

Jimbob you now have a 100 posts. Nice not being a Newbe is it not Junior Member.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

jaguarbass;

Probably in the past you hired your animal killing done. Burgers and fries and all that. Have you changed? What changed you if that is the case???

jimbo

Hello Jimbo, What changed me was high cholesterol, High blood pressure, and Meat takes a very long time to pas through the human digestion system. Off the cuff I want to say like 2 and a half days. Where vegetables pass through in hours. In my younger days I ate a lot of meat. Life has slowed me down and made me reflect on my situation. Also as I reflect on the nature and essence of life I favor the theories on reincarnation. So I dont need to make any more bad karma than I already have. Come to think of it I dont even know that hunting would make bad karma, it seems your expediting the animal into his next life.Maybe I got my anti hunting stance from being a witness and hearing how we would be in paradise with all of the animals. If you have to hunt to feed your family, then God bless you. If you like to kill things and then eat them, I guess thats your business also. I was just stating my opinion on a provacative topic. I think its kind of run its course. Happy hunting to all you. I know that man has to thin the animal herd. Just like man thins the human herd with designer diseases like aids and with wars. With wars today in the USA at least people that like to kill other people get to kill and be killed. I guess it all works out for everybodyl Life is a cruel struggle. God is not going to intervene for the animals.Hell God doesnt even intervene for man. Man wrote a scripture oking hunting by saying the animals are in subjection to man. Its a tough gig for the animals. This topic really is a waste of time that I fell into. The only person to benefit by my not eating meat is me. But not eating meat did bring my cholesterol down and lowers my blood pressure. So maybe I'm reinforcing my own need to abstain. Life and hunting and eating meat will go on.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Skyking and Jimbo Peace and happy hunting to you. You win. It was fun.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

If it's for food, I don't mind.

If it's for pest control, that's ok too - as long as a humane method is used. 40 horsemen and hounds chasing one fox to exhaustion isn't humane or necessary. Foxes live in holes, they could be gassed as is done with rabbits. I'd even consider 'lamping' (illegal in the UK) as more a humane method when done by an expert marksman.

Hunting just for the fun of killing something, I disagree with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit