Hunting!

by zack 55 Replies latest jw friends

• skyking
    skyking

Forgot to mention my neighbor below me had a horse killed as well. And one of my best friends had his dog killed as well. We use to have the biggest wild herd of ElK in the world in the drainage I live in. Now we have none eaten by the wolves. Now the wolves are hunting the deer but the deer are faster and able to avoid being eaten.

Who do you city boys think is the next on their list.

People say wolves do not eat people and this is mostly true but a guarantee you that if it means the wolf dieing from starvation or eating my boy the wolf will eat my boy.

Anti-hunter stay away from my place!!! Everone one else is welcome. Including all religions, color or creed. My wife and I will feed you and make your stay enjoyable. My door is open to anyone but anti-hunters.

• skyking
    skyking

zack I see you have two threads running right now on this. What is your thoughts on hunting?

When I went to bed last night I thought this morning this thread would have lots of posts. Everyone must of went to bed as well.

I am interested in trying to understand the anti-hunters mentality and what motivates them to try and change how I live.

Last night I had a friend from the city with her two kids here at the house. They came up for dinner, I grilled up burgers for them. Everything was fine until I told them the meat was from a cow that I raised on the ranch. The oldest girl 14 said you knew the cow? I said yes. She got a horrible look on her face and put the burger down and did not finish it. Her sister did the same thing.

Where do the city people think meat comes from anyway. I think people have gotten so far away from nature they no longer have any common sense. The concrete walls of the city crowd their brains and they longer can see how beautiful the real world is. Then they feel the need to fight to change the people here that are connected to nature and living in harmony with it. Why most of the time what they do is totally wrong and hurts nature. The deer need to be hunted if they are not hunted they become dumb and a real problem.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

I am an avid fisherman, but i rarely hunt. Living in the Bible Belt like i do, where hunting is extremely popular and part of the culture, I generally sympathize with the points made on this thread in defense of hunters and gun rights. So, the reasons that I don't hunt are mainly economical and time-related--to hunt legally and effectively, you generally have to have the following: hunting license, gun, ammo, paid membership dues at a hunting club/lodge or you have to own the land yourself, all kinds of equipment, and you have to pay to have the animal either processed or handled at a taxidermist. All of this expense to enjoy the sport is simply not worth it to me.

• new boy
    new boy

Ever since I shoot someone 20 years ago bird hunting in eastern Oregon, I decided it really wasn't a good thing. People say the "need" the meat and years ago that may have been true.............but not any more.

When you think about the money and time you spend to get your meat..........It makes no sence....You could get a 10 an hour job.........and take all the money you spend on guns, bullits, garments, gas, boats and gear.............You could have a half of cow in your freezer eazy.

To say nothing of the possible harm or death of someone............

Hay, like to kill?...Get a vido game and have FUN!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I am interested in trying to understand the anti-hunters mentality and what motivates them to try and change how I live.

Why dont you shoot one on your property and discect him or her, that may help you understand.

The question was what are your views on hunting. I expressed to the effect that it wasnt for me. I said that if a person is a hunter it says a lot of where he is coming from. I see your coming from a non city area and you like to kill and you have no problem killing man or animal.

I dont care if you hunt or not. I said its not for me. I believe in karma. If there is karma you will deal with yours down the road. If there is no karma. I dont care. I am not going to go on your property and try to stop you from hunting. That would be rediculous. I cant controll the world and everybody in it. I have a hard enough time controlling myself.

I am not going to try to take any political action to try to stop you from hunting. I simply come here to post and gave my opinion which was asked for.

I am not trying to change how you live. City dwellers in america pay the price, instant karma for eating meat. High blood pressure, high cholesterol, colin, stomach cancer,

I agree wild meat is probably much healthier.

If i wanted to kill things I would hunt. I find more enjoyable ways to spend my time. But since life has no meaning other than the meanig we give it. And you want to give meaning to yours by killing things, have at it. I choose not to be a farmer or rancher, or butcher or meat process worker, fisherman or bug exterminator.

I do understand that if you are a farmer or rancher or live in the country that you have to do the things you do. And that farmers and ranchers play a most important part in the modern way of life. Its just not for me. I'd rather figure out how to give life, extend life rather than take life.

Everybodys not going to be like me and everybodys not gong to be like you. Variety is the spice of life.

People are not all going to become vegetarians in our life time, if ever.

Any ire I was trying to provoke or chain I was trying to yank was with trophy hunters. And people that enjoy killing things. If the shoe fits wear it.

Jan 28, 2007
  • jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It can be dangerous even when you are hunting with friends, as Dick Cheney can attest to. There is no similar danger going to the butcher or meat counter in a grocery store.

But if you cringe at killing what you eat and leave it to someone else to do, I wonder. Now if you have put your mouth where you speaking from and are a vegetarian, good for you; I hope you don't wear leather or other animal products.

Blondie (on a soapbox)

Blondie you seem to know and have done everything. Surely you know that Penis Chaney is an alcoholic. Alcohol and guns dont mix. Wait a minute alcohol and leading a nation dont mix either.But it does seem to go with killing things and people. Tearing things up. They say it numbs the conscience. Penis Chaney the macho man with the huming bird heart.

I live in Florida so I dont need leather or animal products for my clothes. Men raise naugas for our jackets and clothes, who dont have any spirit or soul or emotion to give up.

Usually I just dress as a beach bum. Cotton shorts and shirt.

• skyking
    skyking

new boy that is complete BULL. It costs $12.50 for a hunting license and the deer tag is $19.50 I have never shot more than four times to kill a Deer, so the bullets are $1.00 a piece costing me $4.00. Total $36.50. Gas for the travel of ten miles at most here locally $1.50. Meat cutting paper $2.00 cost totla $40.00 dollars. on the average i get 80 pounds of meat I have had a few deer dress out at over 120 pounds. So price per pound is under 50Cents.

Elk I already bought the hunting license for the deer the Elk the tags cost $30.75 add the same amount up as above I have a total of $51.25 opps forgot that meat cutting paper cost more for an Elk so add on $10.00 for the grand total $61.25 for the 300 pounds average Elk. I have killed ELk that I have packaged over 400 pounds of meat. Total cost per pound is under 21Cents per pound.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I don't like hunting and never did and I can understand it when people hunt as a way to obtain food, but when it's done as a sport just for the enjoyment of it or a past-time then it's wrong.

• skyking
    skyking

I helped last year teach hunter safety. I learned from the manuals from the Idaho fish and Game it is safer hunting than it is driving in a car. More people are killed for the same amount of time traveling in a car than spending the same amount of time hunting.

So do not drive if you believe the statistics. My uncle was killed in a car wreck so was my cousin, one of my best friends, three class mate, my girl friend in high school and as I have mentioned many times my niece all while driving in a car. Hunt don't drive if you want to increase your odds of living.

• new boy
    new boy

Hay Skyking..............Whats the point........that just because more people die in car crashes, hunting is a good idea, much safer?...................Well more people die in war ever year then car crashes........So that makes hunting a really good idea.

Hay ..........how about this analogy if you like analogies. How many people die a year sitting on their couch watching TV, compared to shooting each other in the woods with weapons?

You are so right...........hunting is about the safest thing you could be doing.

Have you ever shot someone?..............I have, its not a pretty sight!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit