Looks Like the Andersons Lost in Court

by Beep,Beep 94 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

"It really shows the hypocrasy of the jw organization, who claim to be no part of the world and have no vested interest in it, how they will use every legal metthod available to them .."

I'm sorry but that is silly. Why wouldn't they use the avalible legal means to defend themselves? There is nothing wrong with standing up for one's self, there is no scriptual reason not to.Even the apostle Paul used the legal system of his day when he appealed to Caesar. It was his right as a Roman citizen.

As distasteful as this may be to some, that is the legal system. If you find that lacking then you will have to change the law of the land.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

HS

Thank you. I appreciate your kind response. It is appreciated more than you know.

You've been through the mill yourself with this strange little sect. Sadly there are many people who either do not want to learn from others' experiences, don't care about others or perpetually live in sound bites that all stories, personal experiences, et al. just float away in a misty fog.

You know I'd make a terrible God. Seeing such angst and pain I'd just have to step in and slap a helluva lot of people upside the head.

Ah well ... my next life.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Big Tex--- BIG HUGS!!!!!

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

It's people like you that allow child abuse to continue. It's people like you that turn a blind eye toward monsters who loook good, get their time in, suck up to the right people, while behind closed doors they do monstrous things to innocents. But what the hell do you care? People like you are much more interested in the abstract, in the debate rather than reality.

Frankly I say people like Barbara and Joe are invaluable. People like this have the courage to fight an impossible fight, not only against centuries of legal traditioin, and a corporate religious sect with an unlimited legal budget, but they care enough to talk about it. They care enough about the people who were hurt, some of whom did not survive the trauma, and so they take the entire matter to the public stage.

If you had common human decency, you would understand that the only way to fight horrors of child abuse is to shine light upon it. Abuse works best in the dark, in secret and in denial. It is people like you who foster such an atmospher. It is people like Barbara who fight to change it.

Please don't apologize for such a beautifully stated argument. I love what you said and whole heartedly agree. I was a witness for years and know entirely too many instances of child molestation that was covered up.

Barbara and Joe deserve our thanks and any love and kindness that can be shown. They stood up for what was right and just and becuase they did they lost their children. In my opinion, their children are giving up on two wonderful champions.

Loruhamah

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

aside to VM:

one of the major things that happened in the Olin Moyle case is that Rutherford sent in speakers to the Moyles' congregation who gave public pronouncements about Moyle being an evil slave, etc. and the resulting fall-out hurt him financially. that was a big factor in his winning his case. it's possible that the result would not be different today which is why the Society made the "announcement' change away to what it is today regarding DF'd ones from the old days when they actually stated what is that the person was DF'd for.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

What a difference 48 hours makes 48 little hours (disco hit from the 70's)

NOW TOP RANKED NEWS

Clergy Abuse Developments, in Denmark and California, Regarding ...
    FindLaw, CA - 1 hour ago
    The Jehovah's Witnesses religious organization is rightly credited with establishing important free speech precedent in the United States. ...

• Gill
    Gill

Very interesting Danny!

'Jehovah's Witnesses want free speech for themselves but not for their critics.'

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&ie=UTF-8&q=jehovah%27s+witnesses+&btnG=Search+News

TOP ranked what a wonderful lineup

Clergy Abuse Developments, in Denmark and California, Regarding ...
    FindLaw, CA - 2 hours ago
    The Jehovah's Witnesses religious organization is rightly credited with establishing important free speech precedent in the United States. ...

Court dismisses case of ousted Jehovah's Witnesses
    The Tennessean, TN - Jan 24, 2007
    A court has dismissed the claims of a couple who accused the Jehovah's Witnesses of improperly ousting them from their congregation after the wife told ...
  • sf
    sf

~bumps the thread~

Marci is awesome.

sKally

• Gerard
    Gerard

I must say that I m not surprised at all. We know very well that judicial law MUST NOT involve itself with religious matters. Separation of church and state, remember?

I feeel for her and admire -trully- her courage to come out, but she barked up the wrong tree. To act as a witness to child abuse coverup was the pressing issue to bring to the courts, not her hurt feelings.

Gerry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit