Looks Like the Andersons Lost in Court

by Beep,Beep 94 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Mary
    Mary
    JWdaugter said: If this had been in a 'for profit' not religious business, the Andersons would have been hailed as Whistle Blowers, and would have a movie made about them. It is crappy what the org. can get away with in the name of religion when they are the ones who demonized organized religion in the first place!

Exactly. What would have happened if say, one of Donald Trump's employees went on Dateline, exposed corruption and sexual abuse going on in his Organization, and then subsequently was fired for doing so? Not only would Donald Trump's Organiztion be investigated thoroughly by the FBI, the IRS and the Attorney General's Office, but there is little doubt that the whistleblower would win damages in court.

I think it's time the laws of the land changed in this regard. No religion should be allowed to treat people in such a horrific manner without any consequences. Unbelieveably stupid.

Gill asked: What were the exact reasons for the Andersons' disfellowshiping?

For "causing dissention in the congregation".

• Gill
    Gill

Perhaps if the Andersons had been 'fired' and lost out financially then they would be legally expected to receive compensation. I'm not surprised that they weren't compensated for being thrown out of a 'social club' however.

In the UK if a working person is found wrongly guilt of a crime and they are imprisoned for a crime they did not commit and later found innocent they are compensated for financial loss. If you are a full time mum, and found guilty of a crime you did not commit, you receive NO compensation. She was not working and so did not lose out financially.

I believe the same applies in slander cases. You have to prove you have lost out financially.

As for the reason for the disfellowshiping of the Andersons.....well that does not suprise me when it comes to the WTBTS!

They should be proud of the reason of their Disfellowshiping just as we are proud of them for revealing what the WTBTS has been doing.

The only ones who come out of this looking BAD are the members of the WTBTS....the Jehovah's Witnesses and not the Andersons.

Still surprises me that the Andersons would want to be part of such and evil organization however.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I dont think it was so much wanting to be a part of that organization, it was the fact that their children were now supposed to shun them. Hey since this is a Tennessee story, I wonder if my local paper picked it up today or yesterday? Bob (Honesty), did you see it in the Knoxville paper yet?

• Gill
    Gill

Junction - Guy - Has that been explained in the media where you are, that the Andersons' children now shun their parents because they tried to protect the children trapped in the bOrg?

More egg on the WTBTS face!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I dont know, as I havent read the paper here in a while. Im gonna check and see if they are gonna run this story here. Also If Im not mistaken their son still shuns them and they arent allowed any contact with the grandchildren.

• Gill
    Gill

Junction-Guy - How totally bizarre! For an intelligent couple, willing to stand up and fight for what they know to be right, they certainly have dim children, if they really do continue to shun their parents!

Do R and F JWs not understand that child molestation is wrong and should be taken a stand against!? Can their children not see what brave people their parents are to stand up to a huge, wealthy book publishing company?

It just reminds me of a court case in Rugby a few years ago now where a JW Elder was found guilty of molesting three young boys and the congregation turned up to support him all holding their New World Translation Bibles! The bloke was GUILTY, and yet they claimed it was persecution from Satan!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Ok, here's an update. I just got off the phone with 2 local papers. I called a newspaper in a neighboring county and they havent seen anything yet. In fact when I mentioned the WT Society, the lady says "The What society?" I told her Jehovah's Witnesses and then it clicked with her. She say she will look for the story.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I called the "biggie", The Knoxville News Sentinel, and she put me on hold while she did some checking, she came back online and said nothing has hit the AP press yet, or the State Wire, but she will be looking for it when it does. One of the articles on here is from the Tennessean, I wonder if they are not sharing the story with the State Wire? ---------------Also Bob, do you know of any JW's that work for the Knoxville News Sentinel in the newsroom?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I thought she was suing for slander and defamation.

Watchtower accused Barb of "various spiritual violations" publicly, so surely she has something here?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Court dismisses case of ousted Jehovah's Witnesses ADD YOUR COMMENT easy one step registration The Tennessean, TN - 22 minutes ago
    (AP) -- A court has dismissed the claims of a couple that accused the Jehovah's Witnesses of improperly ousting them from their congregation after the wife ...
    Court dismisses case of ousted Jehovah's WitnessesWMC-TV
    all 6 news articles ยป
    Court dismisses case of ousted Jehovah's Witnesses
    Dickson Herald, TN - 21 minutes ago
    (AP) -- A court has dismissed the claims of a couple that accused the Jehovah's Witnesses of improperly ousting them from their congregation after the wife ...

Victory because 99% of readers from the non witness population will think the WBTS sucks over this

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Well done Junction Guy for trying to get some media attention on this one! All we need is one crusading journalist looking to make a name for themselves or a good cause to champion on local soil and we'd be well on our way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit