Looks Like the Andersons Lost in Court

by Beep,Beep 94 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• blondie
    blondie

So has anyone checked with Barbara and Joe before we "bury" this case?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

If this had been in a 'for profit' not religious business, the Andersons would have been hailed as Whistle Blowers, and would have a movie made about them. It is crappy what the org. can get away with in the name of religion when they are the ones who demonized organized religion in the first place! That this was done for the protection of children makes this even more heinous. I love plenty of JW's, but I think the organization itself is corrupt and rotten like a blackened banana with gnats flying around it.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Go Barbara Anderson TOP ranked news for JW keywords worldwide

Court dismisses case of ousted Jehovah's Witnesses
    The Tennessean, TN - 7 minutes ago
    A court has dismissed the claims of a couple who accused the Jehovah's Witnesses of improperly ousting them from their congregation after the wife told ...

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Court dismisses case of ousted Jehovah's Witnesses
    The Tennessean, TN - 35 minutes ago
    A court has dismissed the claims of a couple who accused the Jehovah's Witnesses of improperly ousting them from their congregation after the wife told ...
    Court dismisses case of ousted Jehovah's WitnessesWMC-TV
    all 3 news articles ยป

• Gill
    Gill

They may have 'lost' in that they didn't win compensation, but they 'won' in that they managed to bring back to public attention the WTBTS policy on protecting child molesters and ousting people who want justice.

The WTBTS's name has been dragged through the mud, where it belongs!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    ..they 'won' in that they managed to bring back to public attention the WTBTS policy on protecting child molesters and ousting people who want justice.

The WTBTS's name has been dragged through the mud, where it belongs!

http://forums.tennessean.com/viewtopic.php?t=21008 easy register danny does watchtower "Hotel California" Go Barbara Anderson TOP ranked news for JW keywords worldwide

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    "I went public about the fact that they were not reporting child abuse," Anderson said Monday. "They punished me for something I was legally bound to do. I came forward and showed their policies protect pedophiles."

I had a feeling they weren't going to intervene in the internal government of a religion, but the accusations of law-breaking on reporting of chi8ld abuse still stands. It's ironic that the law protects religions when they oust people for identifying where they break the law, though. You'd think there was some kind of whistle-blower clause

• mouthy
    mouthy

. It's ironic that the law protects religions when they oust people for identifying where they break the law, though. You'd think there was some kind of whistle-blower clause
    Isnt that the truth

• Gill
    Gill

LT - I think this has already been tested once before in the US, and it was ruled that a religion was similar to a 'social club' and that people had to abide by the rules of that 'club'. What were the exact reasons for the Andersons' disfellowshiping?

Also, isn't this the reason why them pre baptism 'mumbles'/vows were changed, so that people vowed their allegiance to the WTBTS and its interests and not Jehovah? That way, disfellowshiping would be because of something against the WTBTS and not Jehovah?

• moshe
    moshe

Freedom of religion in the USA does not mean protections for members of religions. The laws protect the "business" of religion. Even when it's a publishing company pretending to be a religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit