What the **** is this???

by drew sagan 31 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    am I the only one....because I found the thing to be very tongue-in-cheek sarcasm, quite anti-JW

You are not the only one. I think this was an excellent example of sarcasm that many
    JW's wouldn't even notice. Perhaps it was a project for a college course, perhaps the
    Bethelites made it, and punched it up after allowing Ted and the GB to see it.
    I say college project.

The neighborhood was clearly bothered by the JW's. There was clearly no real
    accomplishment in the neighborhood, except with a person they clearly should not have
    talked to. The JW's felt good after their discouragement, because they had a good result.

• Dagney
    Dagney
    unofficial wine making with a WT label.

Hey! I still have one of those bottles! I was sent it by a Bethelite...I always thought it was for real.

Then I showed a CO one time and he came unglued. It's fun anyway...it's on my bar.

BTW...I thought the video was creepy...shaming everyone who didn't listen to the dubs.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Was that the "Great Teacher" book the girl was reading? So not only was the naive girl the only one to listen to them, but they were also unloading their old literature on her?

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

It was well made and I thought it made the JWs look silly. I think that was the point. The message is childish so only a child will listen. And thats all it took to make the simple JWs happy was a six year old taking them seriously. I say it is great and I sent it my active JW wife.

• Bryan
    Bryan

If you watch the credits, you can see this is a profesional animation company. She sound studio was professional was well. The Tower, I'm sure, has a pro sound set-up.

I really don't know how to take it.... Accept!

When the Witnesses were at the door they carried a fake Watchtower. I would think the Tower would use life like covers.

My guess is a very fundi, in love with the Tower, or a parody.

Bryan

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Being in design work, I liked the
    creativity employed.

The Wanderer

• proplog2
    proplog2

So many here are so jaded that they can't appreciate this little claymation.

This board should applaud this kind of effort. It is such talent that eventually leaves for fuller expression.

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Weird. I was surprised they actually showed someone filling out a "not at home sheet" (or whatever the hell they are officially called). We were always told to never to fill them out on the street because the householders might see us and think we are writing reports on them (which is exactly what we were doing). I'm also surprised they had enough free time to do this. It smacks of a creepy Pat Boonish Witness spin in the traditon of Edward Gorey/Tim Burton. Just weird.

FBF

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

The witnesses were driving a nice car. I believe it was a Chrysler PT Cruiser. A classic looking car, a real eye catcher. Ironic that the animation movie mentioned that some of the others in the neighborhood "were busy with the things that they had" (while panning in on a beautiful classic convertible pink Cadillac).

I was always told that a suitable theocratic car would be a Honda Accord or Toyota Corolla. Simple and nothing flashy. I suppose the PT Cruiser might be considered theocratic because it had four doors.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously by WTS standards)

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

If I had to guess, I'd say this was done by ex-JWs....they know stuff that outsiders wouldn't know....I'm pretty sure I heard those urban legends of the dog getting stuck in the door and lady pretending to be on the phone before.

I'm still puzzled as to why it was done....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit