CO/DO's in the UK?

by pobthespazz 202 Replies latest jw experiences

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Fleaman:
    Well done, my son

Tij:
    I wondered why he was a Temp for so bl**dy long! They certainly got their mileage out of him. He was on Special Pioneer money and there was something funny about when he did Temp work that meant he was worse off (probably because he still had to pay for his own flat that remained vacant while he stay with a congregation).

Lowden:
    The thought strikes me (and I'm assuming you're still reading this thread, at this point, even though you may not be) that the ability to reminisce on a mutual past, without rancor, is probably a far better sign of having moved on than attempting to block it out. Just a thought, as we're all different in this respects and at different stages of our personal journey

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I've been wracking my brains to remember what was wrong with Brent Smith, when I saw him last. He took a stroke a few years back (circa early 2000, I think, and was still recuperating at that year's Summer District Convention that I mentioned earlier). I had forgotten that I mentioned it in a previous thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/23642/1.ashx

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Jim Tait a Scotsman ? Came off circuit about 8 years ago due to ill health

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

whats banging my man mean?

• ns7
    ns7

Great thread this...

jim tait is now an elder in a Hull cong, and lording it over them!!

daryl elgy well I understand he is in northern Lincolnshire. I have connections with the area he was from, and I am sure if he went to the "dark side--US!!" lol, then I am sure I would have heard.

Saying that he seemed a company man through and through and I would be surprised if he left, but you never know.

Daryl was good friends with another CO a Tony Evans original from Southend, but did his pioneering in York. Tony did a lot of temp CO work. Had a child and when she married he went on circuit to Scotland. I don’t think the cong was that sorry to see him go. Tony was best man at Daryl’s wedding.

Anyone remember Peter Howell a CO and DO. He took the pioneer school that I was at. Great speaker and I liked him. Off stage though he was quite quiet and more reserved, which seemed at odds with his platform demeanour.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

what about temporary cos

ronnie hunter

jim marshall

scott morrison

ian dolan

and does anyone know if donnie wilson did some temp recently

• Gill
    Gill

LT! OMG! I can't (but unfortunately can) believe that the Smiths sent your wife a condolence card for you leaving Wagtower land!!!!

How totally bizarre!!!

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

I'd just like to put in a good word for Gary Elsen - a good man, who's proved himself very reasonable and understanding in a recent 'family situation'.

Peter Howell was my all time favourite.

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks to slimboyfat for pointing me at this old thread - what a great trip down memory lane.

I grew up in Coatbridge when Ray and Cherry Midgley were special pioneers. They lived in a farm cottage adjacent to Charles and Barbara McKenzie. As a kid I used to go and visit and had some happy memories. I remember a party at "Palace Farm" by evening they had made a skiffle band using make-shift instruments and everybody was singing "Where have all the flowers gone" by Peter Paul and Mary and Bob Dylan songs. As far as I remember not a kingdom song was sang all night - changed days!

I did hear Ray turned into a tyrant when he went on the circuit. I never knew he died does anybody know what happened?

Robert Strickland (lazy son of a ....) lived in a flat above an elder's bakers shop in Eyemouth. When Bob and Jean moved on to another circuit they decided to stay in the flat. The elder finally put it on the market to get rid of them and as soon as they moved out he took it back off the market and advertised it for rent!

(another ex-elder gossip )

• Edington
    Edington

As children we quite enjoyed Ernie Beaver's & Roy Nicholls' visits.

No time for Jim Buckingham though, tried to talk to him when I was a teenager about the 'disgusting habit of SELF ABUSE' I was struggling with & he had no time for me................I thought if the CO felt that way then Jehovah must feel that way about me too..........I was suicidal.

Thank you Jah, I did try to do your will I really did

Ed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit