CO/DO's in the UK?

by pobthespazz 202 Replies latest jw experiences

• cantleave
    cantleave

Bill Harris - CO in the South of England somewhere. Always looking for trouble of the JC kind, Had a wife who hardly ever smiled. No wonder living with him. A wannabe Bethel manager who was trying to raise his profile to get the heavenly call to Mill Hill. Will probably never come for him.

Not sure I agree entirely with this description. I got to know Bill quite well. Yes he is pedantic and definitely a company man but his judgement is extremely sound (within the confines of the WTS) and he is fair and very caring. He put the fear of god in some of the elders but the congregation loved him. As for Jana, yes she was a little demure but very likable when you got to know her. Bill had a habit a picking on elders and their wives during meetings for field service (if he liked them!), but if you gave as good as you got and he enjoyed the banter. As I have said before he wasted in the WTS and I really hope he wakes up - but somehow I don't think he will.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

welcome ETS.

• eyesthatsee
    eyesthatsee

Thanks jookbeard - I've been watching this forum for quite a while - and finally decided to make a post.

Cantleave - I respect your view of Bill H. Maybe you saw another side of him. I also worked closely with him and saw some positive behaviours, but many negative. I didn't see his care for those in the congregation who had a low profile e.g. elderly sisters, widows etc. Quite the reverse. I've also seen him inspecting video collections of elders and MS's - looking for unsuitable material in his view, so that he could take action. These are facts that I personally witnessed. Maybe that's the old Bill and he's improved with age - hope so for the sake of those under his 'care' now.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Anyone heard anything about Lez Perkins or Anton Irons lately?

• llbh
    llbh

Anton Irons was around here ( North Herts )about 7 or 8 years ago, just after i left.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I've also seen him inspecting video collections of elders and MS's - looking for unsuitable material in his view, so that he could take action.

Eyesthatsee - You reminded me of when he came round my house - he saw my 42 inch TV on the wall in our dining room and commented that it was the biggest TV he had ever seen - WTF. He also hated music and counselled the whole CA programme about not listening to Led Zepplin when they reunited for the O2 concert!!!

I did see a really good side to him, and that impressed me. But I agree he could be judgemental and he didn't like being criticised, I believe he stopped at least one elders meeting and dismissed the attendees because of disagreements.

BTW I didn't notice it was your first post - WELCOME to the board.

• freddo
    freddo

Hello Eyesthatsee and welcome.

Ex elder here too!

Anyone heard of David Hudson? Recently been moved from Bristol to Berkshire and apparently is an atrocious timekeeper. Like 45 minute field-ministry groups on a Saturday morning at the k. hall - I heard a sister in one Bristol congregation said it was eating into the time of the pioneers and so he said ok no coffee stops then!

• Millions
  • ekruks
    ekruks

Just wondering if COs/DOs ever read this?

• hotspur
    hotspur

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Athony Kendall ... (hated to be called Tony). Wife was called Brenda. Never fully undertood him.

Played squash with him every visit and was the most competitive CO I ever came across! Probably didn't help that I beat him... he shouldn't have spent so long in FS rather than playing squash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit