CO/DO's in the UK?

by pobthespazz 202 Replies latest jw experiences

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Ray Midgley gets a bad press, but he was my favourite CO. And his wife Cherry was great too. Ray had celiac disease (with lots of restrictions on what he could eat) which eventually led to stomach cancer. It was maybe around 1999 or so. It happened quite quickly. I think he died within just a few months of finding out he was seriously ill. I might be wrong but I think Cherry was made a special pioneer when Ray died. I have seen her a few times since, last time I saw her she was travelling all over the place with her father, who was over 90 years old, but in great health, still riding a bicycle.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Rob Schoefield?

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks for the update slimboyfat. Shame about Ray, Cherry had the most piercing laugh I have ever heard , she was quite a character!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

going back many years; Dennis Ashby and Danny Owens ,lovely Welshman

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

and Ron Bicknell, a true gent

• four candles
    four candles

Shame Ray died,he was our CO in Wales for a while....he was very dour as I remember but Cherry was alive wire. I also remember Rob Schofield and worked with him for a while secularly....he was a decent bloke.

• Humanist
    Humanist

What happened to Terry and Marion Draper? They were quite nice as far as I can recall. Although I was quite young when they stayed with us.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Ray Midgley could be very intimidating though I suspect he had a dry sense of humour.

On one visit he had banged on about modern pop music. So at a coffee break Iduring field service, asked him, "well Ray what sort of music do you like then?" He said "oh something like Gilbert and Sullivan". I feigned shock and indignation, "not subversive Victorian satire; didn't you know it was considered very shocking in its day?". He just gave a wry smile.

• wobble
    wobble

The last guy I came in to contact with, here in Kent, was called David Restell.

He seemed the ideal Society man.hadn't got a clue who you were if you weren't a MS or Elder, and gave very boring talks with no spiritual or biblical content.

With a C.V like that he is in danger of ending up on the G.B !

Love.

wobble

• eyesthatsee
    eyesthatsee

Andrew Searle - newer CO in Durham area now. Nice enough, but a Society man through and through (sell you down the river without a qualm) and a bit of a loser - saw him fall off his chair once in a meeting.

Walter Reekie - CO about 25-30 years ago. Wife was suffering from Anoxeria and would hardly eat a thing. Heard they split up years ago and he left the Borg. Might have come back by now.

Gordon Webb - idiot who liked to play with flight sims. He expected everyone to bow and scrape to his wife (Pussy Gallore - aka Honour). Heard he was taken ill (cancer) and 'retired' - cong elder somewhere

Prize twat award to Tom Lynch. Absolute nutter, drunk with power. Made his own slide shows about creation and science - they were awful and factually incorrect. 99% of the BoE knew he was a tosser, but kept their heads down and waited for the lightening bolt. Heard he was removed as a CO about 10 years ago.

Alan Fisher - liked Alan. Only knew him when he was quite young as a CO, before he was fully assimmilated. Seemed like a nice guy a bit out of his depth. Sorry to hear that he might have had drink problem.

Bill Harris - CO in the South of England somewhere. Always looking for trouble of the JC kind, Had a wife who hardly ever smiled. No wonder living with him. A wannabe Bethel manager who was trying to raise his profile to get the heavenly call to Mill Hill. Will probably never come for him.

'Happy' memories - eyesthatsee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit