CO/DO's in the UK?

by pobthespazz 202 Replies latest jw experiences

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

Vaguely remember G Young , I had been out a couple of years by then but the wife spoke about him, seems he wasn't a bad guy

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Mike Hodgson - early 1980s ?

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

yes new him personally grilled me a couple of times but he weren't bad really, M Purbrick is another story.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

liz and les perkins ??

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

OMG, how did I forget Lez Perkins? Maybe it's because he was on Temporary so long, Pioneering in Greenock, that he kinda assumed the full role without anyone really noticing.

He had a good sense of humour. He had to, as he got assigned to us often enough - LOL.

• scotsman
    scotsman

It was Lez Perkins that visited me when I resigned as an elder and quit meetings. He took it really well that i'd been faking faith my entire life, the fact that he believed me was good because so many others wouldn't. Having said that, it must have been him that encouraged the elders to pursue me 2 years later when they found out I was banging my man. They were just jealous.

Anyone know what Ian Shanks is up to these days? Gather he's off the circuit.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Jealousy is a distinct possibility. Who knows what course peoples' lives might have taken had they not been confined by the strictures of the WTS (or any extreme religion / philosophy, for that matter).

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk
    He took it really well that i'd been faking faith my entire life, the fact that he believed me was good because so many others wouldn't. Having said that, it must have been him that encouraged the elders to pursue me 2 years later when they found out I was banging my man.

Ive found some of the experiences and reminiscing quite fluffy and interesting,but this comment brings me back to reality!Im debating whether to find this comment amusing or downright sad..where do these bastards get off in pursuing someone who just wants to leave the stoopid religion and be happy?

Regards to you scotsman.

And look Lt..ive found the quote button!

• scotsman
    scotsman

Find it amusing Fleaman. Although it is sad for them as they're trapped and many of them must be frustrated.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i believe ian shanks is in riddrie now..looking after his mother who is unwell

Maybe it's because he was on Temporary so long, Pioneering in Greenock, that he kinda assumed the full role without anyone really noticing.

yes les pal was john black who came on ayrshire circuit and continued to use les as temp c.o with the intention of recommending him for fulltime..but them told him he wasnt going to on account of liz not having good enough health....dont think les and john spoke much after that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit