CO/DO's in the UK?

by pobthespazz 202 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

I was dubious about this thread too LT.

But it's very compelling listening to your washer women tittle tattle

'Fraid there's alot of CO's mentioned here we didn't get in Yorkshire.

Core. I'm intrigued by the Darrell Elgey stuff. What makes you think he became aware of things? Does anyone else know anything?

He was in West Yorkshire from '99. I think it was his first circuit.

• bubble
    bubble

Does anyone remember Neil and Lisa Atkinson?

They came to the circuit work in their mid-thirties and I think they wanted to be seen as young and hip, that couldn't have been further from the truth!!

I bumped into Lisa about a year ago when she came in to my place of work. She recognised me straight away, told me she didn't want me to serve her and walked out of the shop.

I was just bowled over by that famous jw 'love'.

• lowden
    lowden

I cannot in the slightest way, understand why you lot are keeping this thread going!!!!!!!!

Twaddling on about why? What? Where?

Who gives a stuff about these people.

Move down the bus!

There is no earthly reason to have started the thread in the first place. Very weird indeed.

Lowden

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

sure, a lot is fluff

But actually I care a lot about all of these people. For example if Darrell Elgey had become aware of the truth about the Watchtower, I would love to meet him and know where he's at (wherever that may be)

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

your entitled to your opinion Lowden..personally im enjoying reminiscing about these People.Their foibles,stupidity and even their good points.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Lowden:It's the human interest angle. Try reading some sociology and you might have half a clue. Why do you watch Coronation Street? Also, why did you feel compelled to open and post to it, yourself? To fill a supercillious need to assert your progression above and beyond the stupidity of other posters?

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

actually it's JUST watching Coronation Street

(er. . .I NEVER watch Coronation Street)

• dozy
    dozy

Couldn't resist joining in - though I'm not one for gossip , myself...

Roddy Holy***ke is famous for his posh background - uni , middle class ways , gloves cos his hands are too soft etc - so he has struggled in the rather poor circuits that Bethel have (naughtily) assigned him - they are rough up north , you know...

For one cong he checked out of his accommodation claiming that it was too untidy & checked into a local hotel & billed the cong at the end of the week (needless to say it didn't get paid & Bethel had to pick up the tab.) He also insisted on his letter to the congregation that any house must have a bath - one cong took the micky & gave him accom where the householder kept the coal there (like they do in those parts)! RH wasn't too impressed and didn't really see the funny side.

• lowden
    lowden
    Try reading some sociology and you might have half a clue.

OK, thanks for that. My comment didn't allude to the stupidity of any of you. You obviously think i'm quite clueless regarding sociology.

Why do you watch Coronation Street ?

I don't. Or any other soap. Or, heaven forbid...Big Bleedin' Brother.

why did you feel compelled to open and post to it, yourself?

Many threads baffle me on the forum. Why people insist on reminiscing affectionately about something we've all so finally left behind. So i posted.

Lowden

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Hi Lowden

sorry mate, I wasn't having a go at you. I can see where you're coming from.

I was about the 5th or 6th poster on the thread and I was a bit terse about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit