CO/DO's in the UK?

by pobthespazz 202 Replies latest jw experiences

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Tij:
    When I first saw this thread I wasn't too bothered about contributing to it, but later recanted as I guess a list holds some interest for some people. Now that a few of the old stories are coming out, and details that we had all probably wondered about, I'm really glad it got going

• scotsman
    scotsman

Mike Reid spent a day in Edinburgh with my mother after Marjory died. His car got lifted for being parked on a single yellow (£90 penalty) and he let her pay half, seeing as it's her city. When she politely declined to see him again she got a snippy little letter that accused her of leading him on.

Plonker.

Do I win for being the most gossipy?!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Scots:
    I think you're still in the running, but Tij has the lead on you at the moment, by my scorecard

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

little toe..im feeling ya....yeah and dont think i am ignoring ya renga comment...just cant think of a witty 3 liner whilst remeniscing about cos

this was a comment about centre parcs from another thread recently

we used to get it every visit from the right mad ray midgeley (along with thou shalt not wear nike or watch the lion king)

he was especially annoyed when anyone was away on holiday when he was visiting the cong...he seemed to think that giving a cong 6 weeks notice that he was coming was plenty for them to arrange their holidays around...

funnily enough a cong in kilmarnock used to wait till they got their visit notification (always either christmas or new year week since his flat was in kilmarnock and there were 2 congs there) ...and then arrange to go away..inc elders.....................to centre parks

Mike Reid spent a day in Edinburgh with my mother after Marjory died. His car got lifted for being parked on a single yellow (£90 penalty) and he let her pay half, seeing as it's her city. When she politely declined to see him again she got a snippy little letter that accused her of leading him on.

hey i thought about telling that but figured u might

Do I win for being the most gossipy?!

maybe we could share it seeing as its your ma..but i was thinking about it

• Zico
    Zico

Slim, Dave Algarve visits our Congregation regularly, where he stays with his sister-in-law. (Wife of the PO) Less than 6 months ago he gave some Public talks in a few Congregations here, and my Dad took him out on his boat. He's definitely alive, and I have never heard that rumour about his son either, which I'm sure I would know. I always found Dave a bit... slimy as well. He was a good speaker though, he gave my Baptism talk actually.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yup , there's nothing like reminiscing and a gossip...Isn't it noticeable that so many of our opinions of these blokes are much the same

Paul Pressland was another DO I remember- an absolute little prick

Your words , not mine, but.....I won't dispute with whoever said it. I came across him not too long ago doing a Circuit Visit at one of my family's congregation. A bit older and slower but the same old Paul. He is still around.

John Stanbridge has has a couple of mentions. A decent guy - Currently resident in a congregation somewhere in East Anglia. I saw him at a Circuit Assembly that I attended with family

Mike and Dodie Seidler, last heard of on the South Coast. A couple of self opinionated name dropping egotists.

Anyone come across John Wynn? A London Bethel heavy in my time but apparently a long time in the Circuit work.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

CENTER PARCS - Arrrg we could have a thread on that alone

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Thanks Tij and Lt

Ive realised we had Mike Read as Do in the late 80s..blimey how time flies when your er,having fun.Seems our Scottish contingent could definitely give the 3A.M Girls a run for their money!

John Stanbridge has has a couple of mentions. A decent guy - Currently resident in a congregation somewhere in East Anglia. I saw him at a Circuit Assembly that I attended with family

We had John as Co ,must have been the mid nineties.A more boring speaker you couldnt hope to meet,but on a one to one basis he was a thoroughly decent,in fact shy,Man.A good memory .Before him we had Jim Cleary..a cliquey little Man with no interest in anyone but the chosen few..his missus was a nasty little Woman too.I have heard he was eventually taken off...anyone know if this is true or not?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Blues:
    Last I heard Wynn was at Bethel. Another heavy, many of whom lord it over everyone else.

Talking about Bethel, anyone know Ted Buckingham?

Stilla:

CENTER PARCS - Arrrg we could have a thread on that alone.

I seem to recall we did that one a couple of years ago - LOL.

• scotsman
    scotsman

Ted Buckingham stayed with us about 18 years ago, while Corstorphine congregation was being liquidated. Seemed like a bit of a gentleman from my teenage point of view.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit