MAT 24:14 HAS BEEN FULLFILLED MP3 FROM BETHEL HEAVY

by What-A-Coincidence 155 Replies latest jw friends

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Sneak Preview!!

Excerpt from the upcoming 2007 edition of the New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures:

Matt. 24:14 "And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth (apart from Afghanistan, Somalia and North Korea), for a witness to all the nations (apart from Afghanistan,Somalia and North Korea), and then the end will come"...

I am sure they could spin a footnote to state that in the original Greek language the term for "entire inhabited earth" specifically excludes Afghanistan, Somalia and North Korea.

Pope

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

Very creepy.

Was that David Koresh?

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

An announcement in the next Kingdom Ministry: Effective after this years memorial we will no longer be printing the KM. The preaching work has been fulfilled and the door to door work is over. Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! CLAP! LOUDER! CLAP! CLAP! CLAP!

Blueblades

• Tristram
    Tristram

From the inside, this sure is making the JW email rounds, and from what I hear, many are freakin'! They think this is it, the big one!

• joenobody
    joenobody

What a stupid move on their part to say the preaching work is fulfilled. What will they keep the sheep motivated with? Will anyone recognize this new equation of FDS = Governing Body and not question that? There was no Body before the mid 70's... so what the heck? I am sure they'll give some sort of spin about a transference of favour or some such nonsense.

I felt bad for any kids in the audience having to swallow this cultish dreck. It will give them nightmares.

I know my mom is an intelligent woman but sadly is probably eating this kind of thing up part and parcel.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Let's just say that JWs have now self-fulfilled Mt. 24:14 and its companion scripture Mt 28:19,20. Now what? Babylon the Great being destroyed is supposed to happen next. When? How soon? If that doesn't happen in the next2-5 years, what would that mean for Watchtower?

Once again, they would have to reverse course, thus extending the disappointment of millions.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I'll have to listen to this from home. Leolaia & Scully--thanks for posting the transcript!

This makes me so glad to be out. The GB truly reminds me of Harold Camping and the whole 1994 armegeddon-that-never-was campaign my conservative christian republican family members shoved down my throat back then. Please read if you can. Many similarities!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Camping

They ARE a cult.

• Schism
    Schism

Haha! I just logged on to see if I could post this clip because I just got it in an email! Glad someone else did it though because I don't know how to post this kind of stuff.

My main reason for hating this kind of crap is because it works my family into a doomsday frenzy. I mean, after they initially say that it is very "encouraging" and seeming like it's a good thing. Then they freak out.

• undercover
    undercover

Listened to it...

Yup...he's got a creepy voice...but then anyone who's trying to use fear to stir people into action usually doesn't sound normal.

Listening to it caused a minor flashback to the District Convention days when a Bethel heavy or even a GB member would give the rousing final talk on Sunday. That same condescending tone is there just like the old days, "I'm going to put down my notes...and I want you to listen..." "...some of the friends were asking what this meant. Well, I'm going to tell you...".

Everyone used to get all fired up after those talks but I would be about half pissed off. I felt like I was being treated like a child. LIke he had to talk down to us so that we would understand. Maybe it was just me, but I hated that. And this talk reminded me of that. Except this time, it didn't bother me. I guess because I know he's full of shit, I can just discount his manner, his voice, his message even and ignore it as so much bullshit. I think, back in the day, when I was feeling the anger, it might have been my inner conscience trying to tell me something was wrong.

The part about Matthew 24:14 having been fulfilled is interesting. I would have thought the WTS to be very careful about predictions and making blanket statements like this one after so many failures and with the power of the Internet that can spread information faster than they can. We know about these things before most dubs do.

• joenobody
    joenobody

You are bang on undercover. The speakers that use that approach basically try to belittle and embarrass the listener into acting on the message.

"Here I am giving you this important message right from God's mouth on earth and what are you going to do? How are you going to spend your time? Are you gonna be so stupid as to take up worldly pursuits and worry about mundane things? Wow... you are a piece of crap then and that's how everyone in your congregation will look at you, you ingrate."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit