Watchtower getting very Defensive over blood issue publicity....

by kid-A 142 Replies latest social current

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

CityNews

Religion, rights could clash in multiple birth case
    Globe and Mail, Canada - 2 7 minutes ago
    The parents, who have remained anonymous despite massive media attention, are Jehovah's Witnesses, members of a faith that forbids members to accept blood ...
    Dilemma for Jehovah's witness sextupletsVancouver Sun (subscription)
    all 4 news articles ยป

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070111.wxbckids11/CommentStory/National/home

Comment here need to quickie register

• DannyHaszard
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    What surprised many was the hospital's decision to reveal the family's religion, a move that was made specifically at the request of the parents

It is very clear why they revealed their religion!

They were busy having babies over the first part of January. They will be busy in the hospital for the rest of January, and longer.

By mentioning that they are witnesses they will be able to count the time, maybe even the time it takes to read the local articles. Otherwise they would have to become 'irregular' with at least a month missed.

That would be unacceptable for Canada's most famous Jw's. How could they dare be part of the irregular crowd of workers? Gotta get that report in.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

On a serious note: This is a good thing - not for the children probably - and likely not for the parents to deal with the dual pressures of being celebrity parents, and trying to keep the cultship in order with lots of medical situations that could occur.

But it is a wonderful thing for the public to see. Perhaps it was 'divinely directed' that this couple reveal thier religion early on. The blood doctrine is wrong as we know. And with all the news that grabs peoples attention, a single incident here or there of a witness refusal of blood gets little attention and not for long. If this situation turns badly [and it is likely to do that anytime sextuplets are born] the heat will come down very heavily on the Watchtower.

Of course, I hope all the babies live and thrive. But in either case, likely the blood issues will be [and already are it looks like] debated and discussed in the media for a while, long enough to get a few people to take a better look.

BTW - has anyone contacted any of the papers with a view to directing them to www.ajwrb.org ? This would give a capable reporter a lot of angles to consider, and it would get ajwrb in the news, perhaps many jw's who don't know about them would look up the site.

Jeff

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

My theory--- I bvelieve this Elder was surprised, not because the couple revealed they are JW's, he was probably surprised that the local Elders didnt coach the couple beforehand on what to say to the media.

• Gill
    Gill

Junction - Guy - How does anyone explain why they would let their child die instead of receive a blood transfusion?

As soon as it pops out of someones mouth it sounds totally crackpot!

Hence the coaching from the WTBTS. 'We're not letting our children die, we're choosing a method of treatment that is safer than blood and so receiving superior treatment!'

Say that to someone who is bleeding out left, right and centre when the ONLY treatment is a blood transfusion and FAST!!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I have just posted the following e-mail [or variations] to a couple dozen email addresses in the canadian paper web-sites. I hope others will do the same and quickly, while this story is hot, using thier own words of course, since we don't want to turn it into a 'spamming'.

Dear Sir or Madam; I am reading with great interest the press coverage in the print and internet versions of your service, regarding the sextuplets recently born in Vancouver. Of particular interest to me was the revelation that the parents are Jehovah's Witnesses. This is so because I spent 40 years of my life within that sectarian religion myself. The 'blood transfusion' issues are dominant in my mind in this matter, and I am positive, having been a small part of such subterfuge myself, that the 'spin' you will likely recieve from the officials of the Watchtower Society [Jehovah's Witnesses] will be twisted and manipulated to give the death dealing 'no blood policy' a positive tilt in the press. I urge you to contact the following organization ; Associated Jehovah's Witnesses for Reform on Blood. They can be found at www.ajwrb.org on the internet. This organization is composed of persons who generally have to remain anonymous due to the religon's policy of excommunication of any who oppose it's doctrine. But a groundswell of Jehovah's Witnesses do indeed oppose this supposedly 'Scriptural' policy, and can provide immense information that refutes both the doctrine, and uncovers this religion's misinformation campaigns in the press and it's own literature. If nothing else, could you please find a way to mention publicly ajwrb somewhere in which currently enculted Jehovah's witnesses would become aware that there are those who would support them in refusing to allow thier children to die due to this cult's influence? Thank you in advance for the work you do. May God bless you.
  • Will Power
    Will Power

Is it possible, they say they are witnesses, Ruge makes his infomercial, the local elders say THEY haven't even been able to see the parents, this shows the public that HLC does not interfere or coerce parents or have anything to do with their decisions regarding blood.

wp

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Sculley: I remember that article on whether a fetus would be resurrected or not. We all were very confused. In the Mosaic Law, it said that abortion was wrong (according to the WT). They used the verses about two men fighting and a woman's child came out, then an "eye for an eye". If they use this situation to claim a fetus is a life, then why shouldn't it get a resurrection?

Are there different stages or levels of life? I think if most mothers (and fathers) who lost a child by miscarriage or whatever, were asked if they'd like that child back in the new system, their answer would be yes. Whether the mother was given the newborn child or was miraculously made 5 months pregnant (or whatever she was when she miscarried) doesn't matter. God can do anything, seeing Jesus was born from Mary.

How does the WT explain this contradiction? At least it appears to me to be a problem. What does anyone else think about this? Thank you.

• metatron
    metatron

Right on, Gill!

These foolish statements need to be remembered IN COURT if the tort of misrepresentation ever emerges.

Such stupid remarks ( "way superior") could catch the Society in a lot of trouble.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit