Watchtower getting very Defensive over blood issue publicity....

by kid-A 142 Replies latest social current

• compound complex
    compound complex

They have sown the wind and now are reaping the whirlwind. [Hosea 8:7- paraphrase]

Fred Franz and Clay Woodworth possessed "special knowledge" that would, after Rutherford's death, become the "new light" bringing renewed publicity to the WT book publishing empire. Ban Blood Transfusions! Dr. Jerry Bergman, E.C. Gruss, Ray Franz et al can fill you in on the horrors perpetrated by madmen run amok.

Compound-Complex

• Scully
    Scully

CoCo:

They have sown the wind and now are reaping the whirlwind. [Hosea 8:7- paraphrase]

It seems to me as though they've created a monster, now they have to keep it fed. And this particular monster has a peculiar fondness for children.

(Leviticus 18:21) "‘And you must not allow the devoting of any of your offspring to Mo´lech. You must not profane the name of your God that way. I am Jehovah.
    (Leviticus 20:3) And as for me, I shall set my face against that man, and I will cut him off from among his people, because he has given some of his offspring to Mo´lech for the purpose of defiling my holy place and to profane my holy name.
    (Deuteronomy 17:3) and he should go and worship other gods and bow down to them or to the sun or the moon or all the army of the heavens, a thing that I have not commanded,

29 "Shear off your uncut hair and throw [it] away, and upon the bare hills raise a dirge, for Jehovah has rejected and will desert the generation with which he is furious. 30 ‘For the sons of Judah have done what is bad in my eyes,’ is the utterance of Jehovah. ‘They have set their disgusting things in the house upon which my name has been called, in order to defile it. 31 And they have built the high places of To´pheth, which is in the valley of the son of Hin´nom, in order to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, a thing that I had not commanded and that had not come up into my heart.’ (Jeremiah 7:29-31)
    (Jeremiah 19:5) And they built the high places of the Ba´al in order to burn their sons in the fire as whole burnt offerings to the Ba´al, something that I had not commanded or spoken of, and that had not come up into my heart."’
    (Jeremiah 32:35) Furthermore, they built the high places of Ba´al that are in the valley of the son of Hin´nom, in order to make their sons and their daughters pass through [the fire] to Mo´lech, a thing that I did not command them, neither did it come up into my heart to do this detestable thing, for the purpose of making Judah sin.’

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Scully,

I realize that 'vengeance belongs to the Lord,' but your comment about the poor, dear little children hit me. When such are entrusted to my care - and they are - I am told that I must follow Jehovah's "LAW" on blood in event of an emergency. Why am I suddenly feeling ill? The enormity of Freddy's and Woody's sin has reserved them a special place in h---. Why not offer our children to MOLECH? I see not a lick of difference...............

CoCo

• Gill
    Gill

CoCo - Your comparisson to sacrificing children to Molech is SO accurate, it is scary!

In trauma and surgery situations, children bleed out so much faster than adults, simply because they have so much less blood than adults. They are naturally the first victims of the NO BLOOD policy. The majority of very early neonates need blood products to survive the immaturity.

It is always the most innocent who suffer!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    It seems to me as though they've created a monster, now they have to keep it fed. And this particular monster has a peculiar fondness for children. (Jeremiah 19:5)

• Gill
    Gill

Have the media been introduced to the 'Tort of misrepresentation and Jehovah's Witnesses'?

It's interesting how Ruge starts reeling off WTBTS BS on 'oh they can have EPO!' or 'there are things as good as blood transfusions' etc.

It's as if he's trying to say that all the other children who need blood on the neonatal ward are getting a second class treatment.

Interesting also, that the parents have not even allowed any Elders in to see them and their babies so far.

Should they babies survive, it will be because their parents have had the common sense to allow them blood products if needed or because the state has stepped in to save them from a ludicrous cult.

Shoudl the babies die, no doubt the WTBTS will have its own spin on the subject.

But the blood issues needs to be kept in the public eye. Its being criticised and torn apart by the press is the only way that people can understand the seriousness of the situation for Jehovah's Witnesses who are vulnerable to any whim issued form Crooklyn.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Hecklerboy:

I've said it before, the only reason for a JW parent to refuse their child a blood transfusion is to save their own skin. Even if it was wrong, God would not hold a tiny baby or a small child responsible for their parents decisions. Some JW parents say they would die for their children, but this just proves that is a lie. If they would die for their children then they would allow the transfusion and let God kill them for it.

That is a deeply flawed analysis. It is not simply "life" that JWs believe to be at stake, but an eternal relationship with the creator. Also, since they hold to the doctrine that the fate of children is tied to that of parents, it is not so easy to divide up one from the other in that fashion. I no longer agree with the JW stance on blood, but I respect their right to their view. And when it comes to children, that is not so easy either. Society in general holds as an article of faith that this life is all there is. If that is true (and I suspect it is) then life should be preserved at all costs with no respect for religious dogma. On the other hand, if JWs are right about this life being temporary and the "real life" to come, and about their grounds for their refusal of blood, then in that case their decision to refuse blood for themselves or their children is rational. This talk about JW parents sacrificing children to save their own skin is offensive nonsense. It either misunderstands or willfully misrepresents the rational process by which JWs arrive at their conscientious decision to refuse blood for themselves or for their children. Slim

• Gill
    Gill

SBF - Have you ever been in the position of having to refuse blood for your child?

When you are, which I hope you never are, but you begin to look at your own reasons for refusing blood.

1)Fear of Disease - The bogey man that blood is represented as being by the WTBTS. I have no doubt that blood is a dangerous medicine, but so are antibiotics, and many other treatments. But the reason a parent may refuse blood is they fear doing even worse damage to their child.

2) Fear - Fear not only of disease, but that should the child die after allowing a blood transfusion that the child will never be resurrected in the future and they will never see him/her again.

3) Fear of condemnation and shunning being practiced against them.

I remember explaining to a doctor that 'we' believed that if a person died from lack of blood transfusion they would be resurrected in the future!

I was told by a member of the HSL committee that we must never ever say anything like that as it made us sound like cranks and nut cases!

The WTBTS has its members by the short and curlies. A parent is damned if they allow blood, by the WTBTS and the docs and nurses and the state who have to intervene and save the child from a parents ignorance.

If a parent allows blood, they're damned by the WTBTS and their former friends.

We were lucky. Surgery that we thought would be needed, never was. But I am honest enough with myself, and you, to be able to explain my reasons, at that time, for saying No to a blood transfusion.......they are irrational reasons.

Saying they are 'irrational reasons' doesn't even go into the nonsense of the whole translation of this topic by the WTBTS and its twisted logic that has driven so many of its slaves to their deaths.

You may well feel you need to apologise for the WTBTS and the parents in its ranks, but when looked at coldly, the Blood Transfusion Ban is a total nonsense derived by a power crazed drunk and his fellow cronies.

Why allow your child to die over it?

When you can answer that question then you can understand why JW parents act as they do,and why we need the state to step in and save these children from their lost and confused parents, and a wicked cult!

Blood, is not a risk free medicine, but when it is all you have, and your only chance you do not ignore it!!

• misguided
    misguided

What really upsets me about this story more than the blood issue (and that bothers me enough), is that being familiar with the Genesis Clinic in Vancouver that these people used to help them conceive, I am of the understanding that if any drug is used to induce the body to produce more eggs is used, the patient signs an agreement to selectively reduce should they become pregnant with a "litter."

A friend of mine who became pregnant with 8 with this type of drug, reduced as she agreed to do when she went for infertility treatment.

I think this mother (and father) falsely signed this contract, knowing full well she would never selectively reduce to reduce the risks if this happened.

Rose

• Gill
    Gill

Totally irresponsible!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit