Watchtower getting very Defensive over blood issue publicity....

by kid-A 142 Replies latest social current

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Watchtower getting very Defensive over blood issue publicity....
    Canada JW sextuplets Blood CONTACTS (if it turns ugly) Witnesses stand by blood ban for BC sextuplet
    Victoria Times Colonist, Canada - 36 minutes ago
    VANCOUVER - The national spokesman for Jehovah's Witnesses says he wants BC's sextuplets to have the best medical treatment available - without blood ...
    [email protected]seems to be most visible reporter on case Dilemma for Jehovah's witness sextuplets
    Vancouver Sun (subscription), Canada - 3 hours ago
    Although it is not known how devout the parents are, Jehovah's Witnesses are generally adamant about refusing blood transfusions [email protected] # 2 most visible reporter Questions arise over sextuplets' care
    Toronto Star, Canada - 4 hours ago
    According to Jehovah's Witnesses, all blood transfusions are forbidden. All Jehovah's Witnesses [email protected] health desk [email protected]news desk ??? Your message could not be delivered to the following address:
    < [email protected] >: Recipient exceeded email quota temporary ??? Sextuplets' parents urged to take it a day at a time
    StarPhoenix, Canada - 4 hours ago
    The Vancouver parents are Jehovah's Witnesses and could have chosen fertility treatment because the religion allows the use of such reproductive measures, ... [email protected]contact editor Sextuplets may spark transfusion debate
    Canada.com, Canada - 17 minutes ago
    Jehovah'sWitness does not allow blood transfusions, which are often needed by babies born as prematurely as the BC sextuplets. The combination ofJehovah's ... [email protected]

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

This family is bucking for a part on the district assembly..why else would they want their religion advertised? 15 minutes of fame and a part on assembly. They better pray nothing happens to any of those kids because they REFUSED the blood or that same press will HANG them!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    I find it highly unusual that he would find this highly unusual.

I do as well. It kind of makes a person wonder if this is not something the jw's should do--having so many babies at once-Something that happens with IVF.

So then IVF is a no-no?

• kid-A
    kid-A

"So then IVF is a no-no?"

> I had this same thought. It seems something is going on behind the scenes here. Its almost for certain that this pregnancy involved either IVF or fertility drug treatments, and while I dont think the WTS has an "official" position on this, I can imagine they would not want the public linkage between JWs and somewhat controversial fertility treatments. I dont know if the WTS has ever published anything on fertility treatments.

I can imagine an infertile couple consulting the BOE for advice, it would almost certainly be against "artificial" fertility treatments and instead chastise them for "not waiting on jehoobie's paradise" for the "cure" to their infertility and to use their extra time in the field ministry instead of worrying about childbearing.

You would think they would be all for it, imagine how fast they could increase their "publisher" counts if dubs were regularly having sextuplets!! LOL....

• Rebirth
    Rebirth

I wrote a letter to the editor about the comments by Ruge. He has used a ton of double speak to skirt the fact that JWs DO NOT support infertility treatment nor the couples going through it. At it's fundamental base, JWs believe trying to have children in this time of the end is unwise, so actually supporting a couple struggling with this would go against their core belief. Secondly, anything other than intercourse is seen as unclean. Just the work-up alone involves a semen analysis. A process that requires the man to mastrubate. We won't even get into their issues w/creating life outside the womb.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Were these sextuplets born as a result of in-vitro or some other type of infertility treatment? I just wonder how that demonstrates their "respect for precious life" that they knowingly would engage in conduct (the infertility treatments) that could possibly result in a multiple pregnancy, which then, in turn sometimes causes the resulting children to be born with intensive health care needs, INCLUDING transfusions, if need be. I realize that that, in itself, is a controversial issue, but it seems to demonstrate their absolute disregard for human life, in that they know that they are putting the possible children at extreme risk, much less having to make a decision that could alter their salvation AND their children's lives? Argh!

I don't know, perhaps I'm wrong. I'm aware that there's another side to that coin. Isn't that like saying "Well, I'm going to take this train to <wherever>. I know there's a few trellis bridges that are somewhat old and shaky, and I know there's a few parts of the track that may be out, but I trust in God that I'll make it"? It's like putting yourself in front of a runaway train!

CG

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Rebirth, that's great!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    You would think they would be all for it, imagine how fast they could increase their "publisher" counts if dubs were regularly having sextuplets!! LOL

1990 DC and follow up Watchtower lesson that fall the WT said don't have kids at all cause the end is so close.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

I am a parent as many here are. If I had the worry of my babies dying, knowing I couldn't "officially" okay a transfusion and was scared of displeasing God but not fully in agreement with the Watchtower stand on blood, I would secretly hope the courts would get involved, give what was needed and I would appear as having my hands tied. I would want the court order started as soon as possible and not fight it at all. I really think I would have privately asked the doctor to hurry and acquire it. I know I always thought that way myself. "Theocratic warfare"? Hopefully, it will be there if or when these babies need it. God help them all.

Kitten Whiskers

• blondie
    blondie

If a Catholic family was refusing a transfusion would the hospital call the Vatican...probably the local bishop first.

Not a religious issue...The WTS clearly states that it is not a medical issue for JWs to refuse a transfusion, clearly it is a religious issue.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit