Watchtower getting very Defensive over blood issue publicity....

by kid-A 142 Replies latest social current

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This is probably the topic of JW conversation back in civilization..No doubt I know somebody who knows them..I`ll get to hear all about it,when I visit at the end of the month...OUTLAW

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I hope all 6 babies live healthy lives. But if they dont, I dont think the public will ever know the reason why they died. If they need transfusions, or died of another reason wont be made known to the public. I hope the court does step in!

• M.J.
    M.J.
    "Non-blood treatment is way superior in every situation and many doctors in hospitals worldwide are calling it the gold standard ," Ruge said from his office in Georgetown, Ont.

Someone tell this to the "youths who put God first", oh wait, you can't.

• M.J.
    M.J.

From one of Danny's news stories:

The parents have requested privacy and are not speaking publicly.

However, Ruge admitted he was ''aching to find out'' who the parents are.

Ruge, based in Ontario, said he'd like to be able to provide the family with financial or emotional support.

''I haven't a clue and it's kind of hard to give support when you don't know who they are or where they're from,'' says Ruge.

SUPPORT? Yeah right!!!

• M.J.
    M.J.
    They have asked for total privacy and have not even allowed a church leader to visit them, according to church elder Roland Alford. However, their faith was one of the few pieces of information they asked the hospital to divulge.

Good move. The JWs turn the hospital into a circus once they catch wind of this kind of thing.

• FreeFromWTBS
    FreeFromWTBS

Non-blood treatment is way superior in every situation and many doctors in hospitals worldwide are calling it the gold standard," Ruge said from his office in Georgetown, Ont.

This statement is pretty bold. Although, I have heard individual witnesses claim this, the WTBS, I think has always tried to say this without ever saying this.

Non-blood treatment or fractionalized blood treatments serve a medical purpose but statistically it is not better medicine in all situation at this point. I would guess in court cases the WTBS denies stating that it is better medicine. This would probably be a useful statement for victims that are sueing the WTBS over dead loved ones.

I know my inlaws think that it is better medicine and my brother-in-law was quite shocked to learn that when his mother was sick there wasn't some magic solution to her blood loss. The problem is that if relatives later sue for damages, it is tough to show from there articles that they state that it is better medicine. This statement comes right out and shows that is what they teach. Seems pretty foolish to me. I would think if a corporation lied to someone and that lie led to their death, they could get their pants sued off. With statements like these seems even a Worldly person who read those statements and believed them could sue if a problem arose.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

*sigh*

I hate stuff like this. Like too many other people unlucky enough to have had association with Jehovah's Witnesses...this bloody WT issue has visited me and my family twice -- so far. I hate dredging this up inside of me, but, I will add my experiences to others here in hopes some doubting JW will read it and not let this happen to their loved ones.

(Red comments are mine , of course)

But refusing blood does not make Jehovah's Witnesses anti-medicine, said Mark Ruge, director of public information at the Canadian headquarters for Jehovah's Witnesses.
    There are many effective non-blood medical alternatives, such as non-blood volume expanders, he said, adding their beliefs are rooted in Biblical Scripture.
    "Non-blood treatment is way superior in every situation (except when you'll die) and many doctors (who?) in hospitals (where?)worldwide are calling it the gold standard," (since when?) Ruge said from his office in Georgetown, Ont.
    "Even for young children and babies, there are alternatives – no (blood) transfusion doesn't mean you're going to die. ... To have blood is not the superior way, even though the little jingles on TV say blood gives life.
    "Parents want the best for their children and so do we; we consider life very precious," said Ruge. "We love our children dearly; (but, it's more important to make Jah smile) we're very family oriented... but there can be a public misperception."

1st Visit: Over 25 years ago my then JW wife and I faced a similar situation with our newborn baby. I cannot give a lot of details, but, as very good JW's, we decided it would be better for our cute, sweet little baby to -- die -- rather than displease our JW peers and our unknown leaders in NY. Plans were being made to kidnap our own baby and bring it to another doctor who would "respect" our "Bible-trained conscience" and our Abrahamic right to sacrifice our baby. I 'knew' it was the Truth, 'cause the WT told me so.

The court was standing by and then, *miraculously* our little helpless baby got better. The expertise and training of the doctors had nothing to do with the healing. It was our "willingness" to sacrifice that made Jah smile and save our child. Like Abraham, we were Kill 'em Hall "heroes". I can't tell you how sick it makes me to know I had it in me to be "willing to sacrifice" my baby. My Uber Dub X-wife...still has no such mental tribulations about her faithful "willingness."

This is the mind set we are fighting against.

However, Ruge admitted he was ''aching to find out'' who the parents are. Ruge, based in Ontario, said he'd like to be able to provide the family with financial or emotional support.''I haven't a clue and it's kind of hard to give support when you don't know who they are or where they're from,'' says Ruge.

Return Visit: I hope Elder Ruge doesn't "find out" who the parents are for a while. He'll joyfully send out a crack team of janitors in the form of the HLC to enforce the parents "willingness to sacrifice" their babies.

The HLC showed up a few years ago in my Mom's hospital room and quoted the WT corporation edict:

"Non-blood treatment is way superior in every situation and many doctors in hospitals worldwide are calling it the gold standard," Ruge said from his office in Georgetown, Ont.
    "Even for young children and babies, there are alternatives – no (blood) transfusion doesn't mean you're going to die. ... To have blood is not the superior way, even though the little jingles on TV say blood gives life.

Immediately after...my Mom died. She was sacrificed.

I wonder if the Governing Body got the memo...?

Oh well, Jah & the GB smiled again. That's the important thing, right ?

Rabbit

• Honesty
    Honesty

From one of Danny's News Stories we read:

However, Ruge admitted he was ''aching to find out'' who the parents are.

Ruge, based in Ontario, said he'd like to be able to provide the family with financial or emotional support.

''I haven't a clue and it's kind of hard to give support when you don't know who they are or where they're from,'' says Ruge.

TRANSLATION:

We need to make sure these parents know that Jehovah will not let them in Paradise if their children receive medical treatment even if it is administered through a court order.

The Canadian Branch Overseer will be calling a 'Special Session' of all congregation PO's to determine the identity of these JW parents.

The Watchtower Society's emotional support will be entirely composed of three elders armed with all WTBTS BS publications condemning proper medical treatment on the grounds that it will displease the Faithless Slavetraders Jehovah.

Financial support?

Who does this WT puppet thinks he's fooling.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

From the article:

“They have asked for total privacy and have not even allowed a church leader to visit them, according to church elder Roland Alford. However, their faith was one of the few pieces of information they asked the hospital to divulge.”

Now there is an interesting twist in this news item. The parents profess themselves as Jehovah’s Witnesses. But they have, reportedly, disallowed visitation from “a church leader.”

Perhaps this couple wants to make an autonomous choice in relation to medical use of blood that they would rather keep between themselves and medical staff.

Marvin Shilmer

• undercover
    undercover

“They have asked for total privacy and have not even allowed a church leader to visit them, according to church elder Roland Alford. However, their faith was one of the few pieces of information they asked the hospital to divulge.”

Now there is an interesting twist in this news item. The parents profess themselves as Jehovah’s Witnesses. But they have, reportedly, disallowed visitation from “a church leader.”

Perhaps this couple wants to make an autonomous choice in relation to medical use of blood that they would rather keep between themselves and medical staff.

Interesting. They don't want interference from the elders and, I would assume the HLC, but yet aren't afraid to say to the world, "We're Jehovah's Witnesses, we don't accept blood."

Maybe they understand the blood issue better than they were expected to understand it. Maybe they're trying to sneak through a loophole. Maybe they're saying, "technically we're against blood transfusions. But if you get a court order to administer them, we won't stand in the way."

This way they can't be DFd yet their children get the medical services they need. Pretty smart...and ballsy, if this is the case.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit