Watchtower getting very Defensive over blood issue publicity....

by kid-A 142 Replies latest social current

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

"CHOICE of treatment PRIVATE" - He is such a lying weasel B******er!

What he really means under theocrappic strategy is that "the choice of treatment is private between doctor and patients UNTIL WE find out who they are, then we'll get them and announce they DA d themselves and nobody can talk to them anymore, not even their own family."

And don't compare the WT to Jonestown. That killed only 900. The WT leaders cannot even claim psychopathic megalomania as did the Jonestown leader.

They have rationally and concientiously (see SDFs posts) convinced their followers to commit suicide and kill their children rather than have transplants, blood (at one time blood fractions) and even vaccinations.

Those who have died in the last 70 years number into the TENS OF THOUSANDS. WTBCS wins hands down.

HB

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Tragic, and yet foreseeable situation . As I get it , Witness childless couple undergo fertility treatment rather that wait until the New World. They were no doubt schooled and informed of the procedures and must have known what most of us have just learned, that multiple births require blood transfusion - but they went ahead anyway . I agree that if they were in regular association everybody would have known. I once knew a couple that had natural triplets . All the sisters for miles around were rooting for her at the time, and went absolutely ga ga when she brought the babies to the meeting.

Now that the babies are here, lets hope for their survival. Do not forget that in such cases it is not unusual for some of them to fail to make it. So if one dies , I do not think we have to see it as a result of the Blood issue, unless the doctor says that one would have saved it. They have not actually needed one yet .

The comments by the spokesman are deplorable. Is he setting himself up as a medical expert? How can he advise through the media what is best medical practice , just because he read an Awake magazine?.. Surely he is supposed to focus on the Biblical argument...

But if it draws more of the unwelcome publicity on the Borg ...That would be great

• Gill
    Gill

Blood loss can be very heavy in a multiple birth for the mother. She may well have had six placentas to come away.

I wonder if she needed a blood transfusion to save her life during the caesarean section! I wouldn't be at all surprised if she did.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    I wonder if she needed a blood transfusion to save her life during the caesarean section

I thought she gave natural birth, didnt they say she had one first, and the others the next morning? Or something like that

• Gill
    Gill

Buttlight - I could be totally wrong but I thought she had a caesarean. Also, prematures babies of this age are usually delivered surgically because birth is too traumatic for them and increases the incidence of brain haemorrage.

Whether a surgical or natural birth, there were still six placentas to come away and hence six sites of potential bleeding and haemorrage.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I haven't read the entire thread, but the fact is that the family will be revealed whether they like it or not. The JW thing was mentioned because those people WON'T accept blood transfusions w/o a court order. With six babies, there is no way they can hide. The hospital also is going to either look heroic for fighting for blood transfusions or if those babies do in fact thrive (highly doubtful) even after no having had any. If the babies die, no one will blame the hospital because they know the WT teaching is likely a COD.

I feel bad for the parents, they are between a rock and a hard place. Many times JW parents can quietly accept the court ordered blood transfusion, but they will be required to fight it tooth and nail. I think. I hope I am wrong!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I usually am not the type to keep checking on certain threads, but this one has me good! (along with the preaching work being fulfilled!) I just cannot see any parent, jw or not, allowing a child to die, for some man made rule in a religion! If the bible were more clear, and said abstain from blood, by not taking transfusions, I still think I would still save my child first, and suffer later. I just dont get it!

• sf
    sf

What surprised many was the hospital'sdecision to reveal the family's religion, a move that was made specifically at the request of the parents, said Cech, adding that information had already been leaked to media.

"I'm very curious about that," remarked Elder Fred Sherman of the Jehovah's Witnesses Assembly Hall in Surrey, B.C. "So what if they're Jehovah's Witnesses? What difference does it make? If they were Catholic would the hospital have said that?"

Seems Fred has poor reading skills here. Surely he needs to be asking THE PARENTS.

sKally

• sf
    sf

REMINDER:

When sending your emails/ letters, along with possible phone calls, please INCLUDE THIS THREAD/URL.

Impress upon your target that there is much discussion and debate going on a huge forum that is all about the WTBTS/ Jehovah's Witnesses Organization. It is a valuable tool/ source for reporters.

Thank you.

sKally

• steve2
    steve2

Enough talk already about the Watchtower needing to be forced to face up to the mostrosity of its blood doctrine.

For their part, ex-JWs - myself included - need to also face up to another possible outcome: Even if the state steps in and "forces" blood transfusions on the septuplets against the parents wishes, (at least some of) the babies still might die. Then the Watchtower will have a field day, proclaiming, "See how bad transfusions are!!"

Stay tuned...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit