QUESTIONS FROM READERS----CHECK THIS OUT!

by Mary 87 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Bros.,

BrantR --- wash one glass at a time; never should individual pieces of stemware reside in proximity one to the other. Orthodox Jews set a very rigid example in the kitchen; can you?

Frozen One --- Can't place the article [a question from readers?], but I know I read that spontaneity in matters of spiritual rejoicing and worship are definitely to be kept low-key, viz., no waving of arms, bringing of gifts to the newly baptized at the sheep-dip site specifically mentioned. They did not exclude shouts of Hosanna, however.

Steve2 --- "He [Clay Woodworth] shocked almost everyone with his creation of a new "theocratic" calendar just for the Watch Tower Society, which was explained in three articles in THE GOLDEN AGE in which he stated, 'In this series it will be shown that all the foregoing calendars ARE CALENDARS OF THE DEVIL.' Even Rutherford had the good sense to reject Clayton Woodworth's calendar, which he had designated, "the calendar of Jehovah God."

CoCo

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I think that whole article would have gone off better if the "WTF" hand written on the page with the two people toasting would have been included at the time of printing.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Gosh I hate this religion. One would think that they would forget about this nitpickety, insane 1957 rule. Don't they have anything better to do?

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Funny stuff. I wonder what provoked this?

A few years back, there was a bit of loosening of the rules on "pagan" practices. They never officially retracted the rule against toasting, but several people who wrote in to the society got confirmation that it had become a "matter of conscience."

Apparently someone decided that enough was enough, and all this wild toasting had to be reined in!

• BrentR
    BrentR

So what you are saying is that I should strive harder to be a kosher klinker?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Yes, BrEnt!

A kinder, kosher klinker kares konsiderably if kontained in konfines of kaput kosher kitchens. All alliteration applies after application of answerable allegations are assured.

Compound-Complex Continues Cerebrally-Challenged

• Mary
    Mary

Geeze...the next thing you know, 'mature Christians' won't be able to eat anything with lettuce in it as it's steeped in 'superstition' and 'mythology', which is why in Greece, they don't use lettuce in their Greek salads:

The myth of Adonis, the beautiful boy who turned the heads of all the goddesses? He was so beautiful that he thought he could steal Hera away from Zeus. Then one fine day when the nymphs were looking for him they found his body in the lettuce patch. He had become a wilting head of lettuce due to the anger of the gods for trying to break up the relationships between the gods and goddesses. Since then lettuce has become for us a symbol of sexual impotence. Therefore no lettuce on your salad."

Soooo, how is this any different that the origins of the 'clinking' of glasses?

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

How can they use words like 'probably' and then make a ruling on it! I remember a person I know tried to clink a glass with me not long after i'd walked away from the Lies. I still felt awkward and bad about it and explained the reasoning (that I'd been indoctrinated with), well they also came up with the pouring a little wine into each others glasses, to show it wasnt poisened origin. So I looked it up on the Big Bad Web and sure enough, that was the explaination I came across. I also noted they mentioned a 'noted Bible encyclopedia' and failed to mention which one. Why would God's true servants have to quote from a false religious book?

CS 101

Control Control Control......

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I tried praying about it but all I got was the answering machine with a pre-recorded message. "If you clinked liquid filled glasses while simultaneousely having a good thought press one." Then "If you wish this message to be repeated in hebrew press two".

LOL

No, wait, LOL doesn't even cut it. I'm SHIMOHBALBLBQGAAPAV: sitting here in my office holding back a loud belly laugh by quietly giggling and almost popping a vein.

These strange religious rules are really hilarious sometimes.

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

Can you sa s-u-p-e-r-s-t-i-t-i-o-u-s?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit