QUESTIONS FROM READERS----CHECK THIS OUT!

by Mary 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Seeing as I have the WT in front of me today, I thought you'd enjoy the Questions from Readers from the February 15, 2007 article on the evils and pagan origins on toasting or clinking of glasses. The article specifically mentions how not everything today that was of pagan origin is necessarily bad, and sites "wedding rings" as being of pagan origin, but it's not viewed like that now. Then, incredibly, they go on and say that while toasting might not be considered a religious practice today, there's "good reason" for Christians to avoid it------without giving any valid reason why other than: Do as we say:

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

What's amazing is they used this same reasoning to make Pinatas batting okay.

What's in that scripture that they gave as a reason to abstain from toasting and glass clinking?

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Mary,

Let the mind control continue. Those damn numb nuts!

Dismembered

• unique1
    unique1

I didn't know Witnesses couldn't toast and I was in for 24 years. Just wierd that me and my friends missed that. Now that I think about it thought, I was never at a wedding where there was a toast, guess that was why.

What stood out to me here was the use of the word probably. It probably was pagan. So. A lot of thing probably were pagan. If you have no proof then why make a big deal about it? Oh yeah, cause they can.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Say, Mary, don't the pagans have sex? So should true christians™ (dubbies) have sex?

• kls
    kls

The only thing that comes to mind is " Omg , how stupid " and its so stupid that i can't think of anything else.

Maybe there is a God and ifin there is , i thank thee for me not having to read that trash anymore.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I always loved the anouncement I would hear at jw weddings: "the wedding party has requested that there will be NO clinking of glasses."

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

POMEGRANATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will nothing escape them??

• Mary
    Mary
    Ozzie asked: Say, Mary, don't the pagans have sex? So should true christians™ (dubbies) have sex?

Only for the purpose of creating mini-Dubs. What other reason would there be to engage in such an enjoyable event?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

NO CLINKING! NO CLINKING!

Oh, you wicked clinkers!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit