JWs Egged Our House and Yanked Out Our "Frosty"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Lady Liberty 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hello Everyone.."Happy New Years"!

Well, we had a wonderful first Christmas, filled with lots of family and friends. Unfortunately though our neighbors who are active Jws..(who are approx. in their 30's) didn't care much for our Christmas spirit.

We decided that for us, our conscience saw nothing wrong with celebrating Christmas. So we wrapped twinkle lights on our potted trees on our porch, put a colorful wreath on the door as well as the grill of my car, and put a delightful twinkling 5 foot "frosty" in the yard. It wasn't much in the way of lights compared to most, but it sent a message to all JWs that we are through, and that the organization has no more holds on us!

Our JW neighbors quit waving hello to us, and would completely turn around if they saw us come out of the driveway. That was just fine with us. However, they took it all to the next level on New Years Eve.

A day or so before New Years, my daughter, then I , then my husband all came down with really bad head colds. We were invited to a couple different parties for New Years Eve, but felt too sick to go. So we turned in early. All the lights were out, and it would have appeared to anyone from the outside, that we were not home.

I had turned off the TV in my bedroom around 11:40 or so. As I was laying there trying to fall asleep, I suddenly heard a few popping noises. It was kind of muffled, and I couldn't place where or what it was. My little dog heard it too, as she started to bark. I went down stairs, and didn't see anything in the house, so I went back up stairs. I looked out the office window which faces the city to see if maybe I could see some fireworks going off. Nothing.

So as I was getting back in bed I hear a bunch of laughing. I peeked through the blinds, and saw my JW neighbor, his brother and another guy laughing at the front of our house. (My window faces the neighbors driveway). I watched them for a couple of minutes..they were talking and laughing at something at the front of our house. Also, they had what appeared to be beer bottles in their hands. Yes.. they were having their own New Years celebration!!

Well my little dog started barking again, so I pulled away from the window to quiet her up. Then I went back to the window. I apparently wasa little careless, and the wood blinds knocked against the windowsill. All at once, the three of them turned around and looked directly up at me. I held real still, then they said something to each other, then kept watching for me to move. Even though it was dark, they acted like they saw me, because they said something else, then all three quickly walked up their drive and went into the house. (I figure they saw the lifted blind inthe moonlight).

I went to bed and layed there wondering why they were laughing at the house. I regret not waking my snoring husband, but he was so sick, I didn't.

So the next morning, my husband was opening the livingroom blinds and discovered that our "frosty" was yanked out of the ground during the night. "WHAT!!??" I thought?? Then it all came together in my mind what those creeps next door were laughing at. I went outside to see the damage. After the last windstorm, my husband put another piece of 3 foot rebar into the ground to secure him. You couldn't move that thing even a inch when he was done. Well, they must have come up the entry steps (we live on a hill) and yanked frostys top hat (the whole thing is wire), and pulled that sucker clear out of the ground on one side. The rebar that was still in the ground was totally bent up. Now any of you that have ever tried to bend rebar know how hard that would be. One whole piece of rebar was pulled out of the ground. (By the way there was no wind that night)!

His hat obviously came apart due to the torking, and the wires came out, and part of it didn't light up anymore. All of which, my husband was able to fix though!! However, that was not the only thing they did.

They egged our house!!! And they egged my sisters car..thank goodness it only hit the windsheild. It was obvious, that the eggs came from where they were standing, as the car was parked in our driveway facing them. We were FURIOUS to say the least! This is the second time we have been egged! I am now quite sure they were the ones who did it before.

So, at the encouragement of my parents, I called the Sheriff, and gave a report. I could press charges, but unfortunately, it would go before a judge, and would come down to me not actually seeing the act. So we opted for the Sherif to visit or call the neighbor and tell them what we saw, what the damages were done, and if ever there is any vandalism to our home or property, the Sheriff said they would be the first people they would suspect.

So..that is what happened..We spent New Years day cleaning off egg all over the concrete as well as fixing "frosty". Funny how they think we are such apostates to leave the Borg, and celebrate Christmas that they feel the need to pull down our "frosty". Yet they are inside that very night having their own New Years party!!!

What hypocrites!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

I'd probably do a little more than call the sheriff, I figure two can play that game. but if you don't want to go to that level, maybe a few peel off stickers of WT bulls**t on their windshields should do the trick. (you need to go to the hall during the meeting)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

What jerks!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

I'd probably do a little more than call the sheriff, I figure two can play that game. but if you don't want to go to that level, maybe a few peel off stickers of WT bulls**t on their windshields should do the trick. (you need to go to the hall during the meeting) No doubt!!!! Thats a great idea! I was so ANGRY!! I could also take out a ad in the local paper in the ad section regarding what they did. Lets see how they like being talked about in a negative way!! I wonder how the local JWs would respond if we put a ad in the papper saying something about religious persecution!! Or religious intolorance...JWs egg and tear down Christmas decorations of ex-member!!! Sincerely, Lady Liberty

• Slick Willie
    Slick Willie

I usually just lurk here, but had to respond to this...

Wow! I really can't believe they would have the nerve to do that! What a fine Christian witness to the neighborhood! I mean, these are grownups, right?

Good for you for calling the Sheriff on them. I suggest you now make a copy of the police report and mail a copy of it along with a letter describing the event to these people's P.O. Tell him about their New Year's Eve party and everything. Let them know that these JW's certainly have given a "fine witness" to the entire neighborhood and now perhaps he should mark your entire block as a DO NOT CALL as the entire neighborhood is outraged

LL., I've followed your story with much interest since you began posting here and I'll I can say is you go girl!

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Good for you for calling the Sheriff on them. I suggest you now make a copy of the police report and mail a copy of it along with a letter describing the event to these people's P.O. Tell him about their New Year's Eve party and everything. Let them know that these JW's certainly have given a "fine witness" to the entire neighborhood and now perhaps he should mark your entire block as a DO NOT CALL as the entire neighborhood is outraged

LL., I've followed your story with much interest since you began posting here and I'll I can say is you go girl!

Dear Slick,

That is another great idea!! His wifes father is a Elder in their hall! I am sure that won't look so great on his record! These guys have always been jerks! Show off competitive know it alls! They are related to almost everyone in the circuit! Your idea is sounding better and better to me!

Also thank you for your kind words of encouragement!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• free2beme
    free2beme

Who do they think they are, God's avenging angel or something?

• Mary
    Mary
    So, at the encouragement of my parents, I called the Sheriff, and gave a report. I could press charges, but unfortunately, it would go before a judge, and would come down to me not actually seeing the act. So we opted for the Sherif to visit or call the neighbor and tell them what we saw, what the damages were done, and if ever there is any vandalism to our home or property, the Sheriff said they would be the first people they would suspect.

Ahem. Not that I have a vengeful spirit, but I definitely believe in an eye for an eye. I say that you pay a little visit to the Kingdumb Hall one night when their cars are parked there. You mix eggs and flour and pour it all over their cars and it'll set like freaking concrete if left long enough or it'll just make a reeeally bad mess.

Those idiots will think twice before they pull that crap again.......not that I've uh, ever done that.

If that's not in your nature, but you still would like to get even, you could do a Letter to the Editor of your local newspaper, and, without mentioning them by name, relate what members of a cult will do when you try celebrating a holiday that they don't personally approve of and that the public should be aware next time they come knocking at your door.

• mama1119
    mama1119

I cannot believe that. What a bunch of jerks. How come nobody told me????

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Our jw neighbors would do endless stuff to us - my wife cried a lot, which they seem to enjoy - then they'd get dressed and go to the hall an' service an' all. My wife thinks it would be best if there was an easy method of stopping jws from contributing to the gene pool.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit