WHO'S 40 OR NEARLY 40!!!!!

by bubble 80 Replies latest jw friends

• bubble
    bubble

Hi everybody and happy new year. 2007 is the year I turn 40, in fact in exactly one month's time to be precise.

I've noted that a lot of people on JWD are a similar age to me. I think it's because it takes us this long to pluck up the courage to finally leave the borg.

I need to know how turning 40 makes you feel. I haven't decided whether I'm upset about it yet.

As many of you know if you came to Dansk's apostacurry, I love to do a countdown. So today my countdown to 40 starts. Please feel free to join in if your 40th is coming up too.

31 DAYS TILL MARIE IS 40

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

You're only as old as other people make you feel lol!

You also look younger anyways, so you'll be fine!!

<------ emo's past it and doesn't care

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

I am 41 years old, but people have been telling me that I do not look like my age! Alot of people think that I am 30 years old. I do not tell people my age. It is just a number! Now you know!

• bubble
    bubble

Come on Simon where are you, I know you're out there somewhere, and I know you're turning 40 a few days before me.

Check into my thread (old timer).

• ilikegirls
    ilikegirls

hi there! my name is ilikegirls and i am a 41 year old man. girls is probably the biggest reason i left the borg. i did not want to be told when i was 'spiritually, emotionaly and financially stable' enuf to get married. i left the jws at age 20 after being raised in the faith since i was a toddler. i knew that if i left, that i would have to leave my faily and my house because the rest of the family were very active jws. my mother and father are still upset with me and its been 21 years already. my younger brother and both of my sisters followed in my footsteps eventually and my parents blame me for it. i did not make any contact with my brother or either on of my sisters until they left the jw's so i really didnt directly influence them to leave. my example may have proved to them that you can leave the borg behind and live. I had dreamed of leaving for four years before i cut the ties. i got a fulltime job, against my parents wishes, and one day while i was reading the newspaper i discovered furnished apartments that i could afford. thats what sealed my decision to leave.

please reply and tell me some of your story and ill tell some more of mine. i think these things need to be talked about so we can heal!

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Bubble I am 45 and heading for an AARP card shortly, turning 40 was nothing and you are as old as you tell yourself. I don't feel or look anywhere near 40 or 45. I have three grown kids and two granddaughters and my wife and I are always mistaken for the parents when we have them. We excercise 5-6 times a week with weight training and cardio, eat really well and look like we are in our 30's. It is all in your mind. I am in better shape now then when I was younger as I have the time to take care of myself instead of children

abr

• south african beef
    south african beef

Hi, SAB here - some of you will know that I am Bubbles husband.

I would like to confirm that even though she is technically nearly 40, in no way does she look anywhere near that age!

She is absolutely gorgeous in every way and I would like to take this opportunity to tell her that I really love her and that 2007 will be our best year together yet - until 2008 that is!

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Best of wishes SAB and Bubbles, have a great year and enjoy each other and life,

abr

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Marie, and happy new year to both you and Ian.

As you can see, I am well past 40, I'm 48 in April. I'm not too far past 40 to have forgotten the event, although I was a jw then. I was conscious of the event despite not celebrating it, and like you I had very mixed feelings regarding it's approach. Nothing drasric happens to you when you turn 40, honestly. Actually, it did take a bit of getting used to for me, acknowledging that I was now in my 40's, though I'm well used to it now.

I wouldn't worry about it, just look forward to having a more special birthday celebration than usual. When the day comes, Trev and I will drink a toast to you here in Derby.

Linda

• becca1
    becca1

I'm 47. I have this new motto: I can't avoid growing older (nor do I like the alternative), but I refuse to grow "old".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit