WHO'S 40 OR NEARLY 40!!!!!

by bubble 80 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I just turned 36 ... something happened to make time go in fast forward.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Indeed, a paradigm shift, a crisis, new knowledge, many things can happen that can speed up life and retard it as well, like jehovah's witnesses. Sometimes I feel that my mid life crisis came at thirty in anticipation of what 40 would be like. At 40 now ,I wouldn't call it a crisis, but I am certainly more aware than ever of lost time, potential, and regrets. It is now options reduction, moreso than options enhancement. My anger has subsided too, mostly because I just don't have the physical energy to keep bitching. I'm also still trying to adjust my attitudes on the world and judge less. Got a clearer sense of what really matters now. When I finally get it all figured out they'll be throwing dirt in my face.

• bubble
    bubble

I'm sorry Simon and Hemp Lover, but when something momentous is coming up I just can't help myself, I have to do a countdown.

28 DAYS TILL MARIE IS 40

26 DAYS TILL PEPPERMINT IS 40

23 DAYS TILL HEMP LOVER IS 40

23 DAYS TILL SIMON IS 40

• bubble
    bubble

I haven't been able to get on jwd for a couple of days so my countdown will now continue:-

25 DAYS TILL MARIE IS 40

23 DAYS TILL PEPPERMINT IS 40

20 DAYS TILL HEMP LOVER IS 40

20 DAYS TILL SIMON IS 40

Also while I'm on the subject of turning 40 are any of the above mentioned people doing anything special on the actual day? Or anyone reading this thread who is already past 40, what did you do? Now we're able to celebrate in style we really should!

I will be in Paris for my 40th. My hubby (South African Beef) is treating me to 2 nights at the George V hotel. It's pure luxury there and I can't wait!!!!

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Just turned 44. In the words of one of my favorite TV characters..(From the 60's..name that show!!) Oh the pain....the pain....

• jgnat
    jgnat

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. I have more aches and pains. I have to watch how I eat, sleep, move or else I pay, pay, pay. Nevertheless, I'd much rather be a fortysomething mamma who knows her own business than a twentysomething chickie unsure in her own skin.

• FreeChick
    FreeChick

I want to countdown with all of you! January 30th is when I turn the big 4-0...but I've joined the 40 is the new 20 club.

Regrets are not having children and all the years involved in that religion...you know the one. Anyway, thanks to everyone here, I see many more positives in my life and lots of potential for wonderful things to come in the future.

FreeChick

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

I hear if you have a younger boyfriend, to celebrate with, helps things out!!!

• bubble
    bubble

Thanks for all your replies folks and good news, we have a new member for our countdown!!!

24 DAYS TILL MARIE IS 40

22 DAYS TILL PEPPERMINT IS 40

22 DAYS TILL FREE CHICK IS 40

18 DAYS TILL HEMP LOVER IS 40

18 DAYS TILL SIMON IS 40

• south african beef
    south african beef

When I was 40 I was still a Witto - how mad was that?!

In the last 5 years I've left the 'troof' amd got married to the gorgeous 'Bubble' and now I am sooooo happy!

See, there is life after 40!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit