WHO'S 40 OR NEARLY 40!!!!!

by bubble 80 Replies latest jw friends

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

January 27 for me. I have mixed emotions, especially when I think about the fact that my life is probably half over (or more). Really thought I'd be out of debt by now, but I got into debt/started my 401k late, so financially I really am only 25.

• Simon
    Simon

40 No no, not me ... move along, nothing to see here ...

Ok, yes ... I will be turning 40 soon (sob) .

How do I feel about it? Well, sad that the WTS robbed so many of the first 40 years but happy with where I am and what I've got (family etc.). Inside I don't feel any different to when I was 10 and probably never will - I still imagine everyone else is "grown up" and somehow I'm not ... maybe eveyone feels like that?

I may celebrate and name one of the beers I'll have a special birthday celebration beer. We may do something a bit more impressive and go away for a holiday or something - my current contract ends the day before my Birthday so I could take a break.

• bubble
    bubble

Yeah I got Simon to join in, hooray! And guess what, Simon and Hemp Lover have the exact same birthday. So here's the new countdown:

30 DAYS TILL MARIE IS 40

28 DAYS TILL PEPPERMINT IS 40

25 DAYS TILL HEMP LOVER IS 40

25 DAYS TILL SIMON IS 40

• ilikegirls
    ilikegirls

dear bubble,

i too am a former jw. i was raised in the truth but i faked it from age 16 until i was 20 years old. as soon as i found out i could afford to live on my own i left the faith. i just wish that i could have a normal conversation with my parents who are both jw. if this post gets posted ill post more later.....

• bubble
    bubble

29 DAYS TILL MARIE IS 40

27 DAYS TILL PEPPERMINT IS 40

24 DAYS TILL HEMP LOVER IS 40

24 DAYS TILL SIMON IS 40

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Very soon the new system will be here and we will all grow younger...................won't we?

• Simon
    Simon

Oh no, not a countdown !

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

My thoughts exactly.

• Nellie
    Nellie

By the age of 40 you have the self-appreciation to know who you are, what you want and what bullsh*t you will no longer put up with! It's extremely liberating and uplifting! Enjoy!

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Aug. 1 1966. that's me. A mid life crisis comes about when one see's where others are in the stream of time and realizes that they are not at that point. Whether that be emotionally, mentally or financially. We all develop at different rates given our circumstances. Some never change and are blissfully unaware. Where should we be at half life? Given the world we live in with wars, disease unemployment and evil abounding. I define sucess as i'm sane, alive, I eat well,and havn't killed anyone yet. Of course we all want more, but be thankful you made it thus far. Take what's left of the next half of your life and declare that this half is yours. Do your best. It's all we can do. The rest is fate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit