WHO'S 40 OR NEARLY 40!!!!!

by bubble 80 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I'm 46. 39 was the difficult age for me. The worst was 29, but 39 was the next hardest.

For my 40th birthday and everyone since then, I celebrate in my own special way. I do something very out-of-the ordinary and it becomes incredibly life-affirming for me. One year it was sky-diving. Another year I took a motorcycle safety class and bought myself a motorcycle.

It started with an exotic sushi selection at a beach side restaurant in Ventura at midnight and took off from there.

This year I considered a tatoo, permanent makeup, nude sunbathing. I really wanted to do a long motorcycle ride for the weekend but was injured a few months earlier and was grounded for a few months. I ended up with dinner out with 3 friends and then of to the driving range at the golf course near my new home. We were terrible but had a great time. The golf lessons (which was the real gift to myself and amongst my 3 friends) were postponed and will begin this month (January '07) - we hope.

Here's a link to my 'plan my birthday' thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/113062/1.ashx

I have a friend that goes out of state to a spa every year with 5 friends. They've done that for about 12 years running.

While a spa trip sounds great, I am really enjoying the 'new experience' for my birthday gift to myself. It's nearly time to start thinking about what I want to do this year...

-Aude.

• stilin4now
    stilin4now

I'm going to be 39 this year. I hate to be approaching 40 but I look younger than my age.

But if 40 is the new 30 than I'll be happy to get a do-over of this decade. This time not as a JW.

V.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

47 here and loving it.

• Spectre
    Spectre

I just turned 40. And still haven't done anything with my life.

• bubble
    bubble

30 DAYS TILL MARIE IS 40

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Yes me. I really do not feel 40 though, I still feel the same as I did when I was 20. Its only the outside that's different, but that's OK because I don't do mirrors.

• bubble
    bubble

Ok Peppermint, because your birthday is so near to mine I will put you into my countdown and then everbody will be able to wish you a happy birthday on this thread.

30 DAYS TILL MARIE IS 40

28 DAYS TILL PEPPERMINT IS 40

• Backed away
    Backed away

48 next month, turning 40 wasn't so bad. approaching 50, well that's another story. I'll tell you what, the day I get something in the mail from AARP won't be a thrill. I'll rip that up so fast...

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Thanks for the inclusion Bubble.

• lowden
    lowden

Bubble

I had my big crisis when i was 30.

40 isn't a big deal. IMO when you get past 35 you're pulling away from the days of your youth physically anyway, so..........

You could get all deep and philosophical about it but i don't see any need for that.

The one thing i would say though (being a qualified Personal Trainer) is to stay as fit as possible. Physical fitness is one of our main keys to happiness and longevity.

Enjoy your.....erm.....maturity.

Peace

Lowden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit