What I Learned at the at the 2 Day Assembly...

by becca1 91 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    But becca1 is from the US and so I assume the assembly was in the US. No I vote for a singularly dense CO or DO.

I suppose if he watched a lot of 60s TV where every laboratory is filled with flasks of bubbling coloured liquids, he might think "scientist" and "chemist" are interchangable terms.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Dearth of Education,

Mentioned elsewhere was my comment that the august Conservatory whose halls I vacated years ago to become a JW is regularly sending me invitations to gala events. And they make public the list of contributors and at what level they donate. This facility is famous. Contrariwise, the WTB&TS and its AWAKE! EDUCATIONAL CENTER OF INTELLECTUAL DISHONESTY AND UNDERACHIEVEMENT is infamous; they do not make public who gave how-many millions.

I wish - in my want - to donate to my aborted alma mater. How do I contact the Regional District Overseer's Office, so that I might be granted authorization to contribute to a WORTHY CAUSE? I am not angry; I am sad. Come to think of it, I am monumentally enraged.

Without a Degree,

CoCo

• Mr. Kim
  • jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    7-" We do not miss meetings for: work, homework or schooling. Repeat: We do not miss meetings for work, homework or schooling." The CO

Was this actually said or implied? It would be nice to know this CO's background. Was he a Bethelite turned CO or was he home grown and once upon a time had a real job? COs that once upon a time had a real job don't normally say such sweeping statements like that.

Even my dad recognized the need for me to get my school work done, even on a meeting night. And if a person has to take an evening shift job to make a living, causing him to miss meetings, how is that his fault? Other churches have services at different times of the day to assist those who wish to worship when convienant for them. Jehovah's Witnesses are burdened unnecessarily.

• VM44
    VM44

The CO and DO only were able to get away with saying these things because the Watchtower has created its own world, its own (deviant) reality, that the JWs live in.

How long will the Watchotwer continue on with its fantasies until people will say "ENOUGH!"?

--VM44

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    5- If you do not dress modestly you will not survive Armaggedon. The CO.

See, this is how this one works:

1. You buy immodest clothing.
    2. You wear it: out of the house.
    3. Some other person or persons see you in the immodest clothing.
    4. They think immodest thoughts.
    5. Some of them even go as far as committing adultery or fornication with you in their hearts.
    6. One or some of them might hatch a plan to bed you or someone who looks like you or maybe just the next easy person.
    7. If they bed you, you're both goners. If they bed someone else they are both goners and you are blood guilty and thus a goner.

But as I recall, you can die at Army-G. for all kinds of silly things like:

1. Not showing up to clean the KH when it's your book study's turn.
    2. Not pioneering when at least one other person thinks you could.
    3. Missing meetings for silly reasons like strep throat or having balloon angio-plasty that morning.
    4. Wearing a necklace if you're a man.
    5. Taking the newspaper and not immediately destroying the page that contains the horoscope.
    6. Being a Jezebel influence in the congo.

*Sigh*

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Not pioneering when at least one other person thinks you could.

LOL! Yeah, especially if it's one of the members of the congregation with a license to gossip....

• Zico
    Zico

I know 3 JWs who went to college and are still JWs.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

0% of our young ones who go to college remain witnesses

well .... there's the answer to the problem

higher education is the deathnell of witnessism

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

One thing I have definately noticed is the appalling drop in the standard of "teaching" from the platform. Both in terms of the delivery and the content.

At a K H or at a C/Ass, it is the same. People who have no modulation or enthusiasm are allowed to drone on and bore everyone to death.

C/o's are allowed to say silly things, just as this thread testifies. This only upsets those who can see through it and know that he is making it up. The last C/O I heard at an assembly had such a ridiculous sense of emphasis when reading Scripture that it was funny. I know somebody who walked out in indignation because she could not stand to "Hear Gods word mistreated that way"

As time goes by, the money is drying up, the young talent is leaving . Thank God for education and the internet!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit