What I Learned at the at the 2 Day Assembly...

by becca1 91 Replies latest jw friends

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

drew sagan---- "Jehovah really hates those elements, especially carbon."

No--you've got it all wrong!! Jehovah LOVES carbon! CARBON COPIES are all he's really after.....

• mouthy
    mouthy

We do not miss meetings for: work, homework or schooling. Repeat: We do not miss meetings for work, homework or schooling." The CO

Was this actually said or implied? It would be nice to know t

I remember at an assembly that told us the above ,, My poor Melanie ( since died) Had such a lot of homework - we had two buses to go on to get to the KH...Yet I used to make her come to the meetings because of the above teachings. ( Every Thursday Ministry School night) Also I remember they told us we did not need to take holidays as the Society had assemblies in very exciting areas, Get to those it was better than a relaxing laying on a beach --it was preparing to lay in the Paradise earth with all those tame animals. And you all wonder why I feel rotton!!!! How would you have liked me for a pushy Mother....( DONT ANSWER THAT!!!!!!

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Also I remember they told us we did not need to take holidays as the Society had assemblies in very exciting areas

Right.............ours were in Tacoma WA, a really fun, exciting place. NOT!!! We had a saying about Tacoma............."ah, enjoy the aroma of Tacoma". I think there were pulp mills or smelters. It smelled pretty rank. And we were told to support our own conventions, and not to go to different places for them.

• Robert222
    Robert222

Thank you for this thread. I agree with other comments, we sacrificed yet heard about the JW families and their ski lodges, new cars, yet I can't by a dvd? I cannot tell you how it felt to feel depressed, then attend a convention and actually become more depressed. I really wonder how I put up with this for so many yrs. I finally couldn't take it.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Robert222,

Welcome, man. I'm a Robert 2!

S4

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Topics like this help me realize just how much I miss those special 2-day assemblys. LOL

• mouthy
    mouthy

2 day assemblies???? Forget it we used to have 8 day assemblies.. CAMPING!!!! cos we sould not afford a hotel....

• heathen
    heathen
    We do not miss meetings for: work, homework or schooling. Repeat: We do not miss meetings for work, homework or schooling." The CO

Was this actually said or implied? It would be nice to know t

That is ridiculous , what if it means paying your own bills or being evicted ? They treat you as you are spiritually weak if you miss meeting yet they are not willing to help you pay your bills most likely . I guess everybody should live on welfare while recruiting new members for the cult ?

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

I always wondered why the assemblies always ran with a deficiet.

If any other company had training seminars (which is what an assembly is) that continually ran a deficit they would either stop having them or fire the person in charge.

And it kills me how at the same assembly they tell you not to get an education to make a good living and then tell you to give that $20 in your wallet instead of the $5.

I was just talking to my sister that is a die hard dub and she was so excited about getting a 4% raise that put her up to $9.40 an hour. The poor thing had to scrimp and save just to buy a $1000 piece of junk car. I've tried my best to get her to go to college to get a nursing degree but she refuses. My brother is studying and makes even less than my sister while trying to raise 3 kids and a grandkid. It's a shame that niether of them will get anywhere in life while being witnesses.

I agree that I think that tithing is coming. It's the only way the society will be able to maintain there cash flow. People will choose food and shelter over donating anyday.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    0% of our young ones who go to college remain witnesses. The DO said he was told this by fellow DO's at a DO meeting.

I went to college and look how I turned out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit