What I Learned at the at the 2 Day Assembly...

by becca1 91 Replies latest jw friends

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Hey I didn't go to college and I didn't remain a Witness... Neither did any of the other young ones in my old congregation.

• heathen
    heathen

LOL yah it's like the bethel tours operation must not be doing very well either since now they moved to upstate. There are parts where the apostle Paul turned down stuff from the early church maybe they should keep that in mind the next time they go in debt ........

• becca1
    becca1

I just remembered two more things I learned:

6- Among the professions we will not need in the NO: teachers and chemists. The CO.

7-" We do not miss meetings for: work, homework or schooling. Repeat: We do not miss meetings for work, homework or schooling." The CO

Baba Yaga thanks for your sentiments.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Wow, they don't even try to disguise their money-grubbing ways. Hopefully that will allow more to see the light.

How about the non-modest dressers not surviving armageddon? What is that about? Is this worse than murder? Is this worse than bilking people for money? Is this worse than illegally controlling another person's mind? WOW!

• joe_black
    joe_black

It didn't take going to college for me to realize this religion was a big lie.

• Mulan
    Mulan

and yet they accept all gifts of really nice clothing, and trips, from the wealthier JW's.

I remember one of our CO's wives going on and on about their trip to Puerto Vallarta that one of the rich witnesses insisted they take, at his expense. He bought the CO an expensive suit and the wife an expensive coat. They were dressed better than any of us.

Another one was so jealous of our going to Hawaii, because they had been there a few months earlier, as a gift from one of the JW's. She loved it so much, she wanted to go with us, and couldn't wait to get another trip.

• jschwehm
    jschwehm
    6- Among the professions we will not need in the NO: teachers and chemists. The CO.

Wow! That settles it. I will never make it in the NO. I am both a teacher and a chemist. Thank God I got out when I did! LOL

Jeff S.

www.catholicxjw.com

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

Is it just me or are they getting worse about asking for money I mean they might as well pass around the plate that they take so much pride in not passiing.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

3- We do not contribute enough to the World Wide Work. Example: If you are going to put something in the contribution box and you look in your wallet and have a five dollar bill and a twenty dollar bill, what will you do? You may think the twenty is a fortune and put in the five. Then you go to Wallmart and see a new DVD for 18.95 and you pull out that twenty and purchase the DVD. "But we are not milking you for money". The DO

JW mental note to self: Have only $5 bills in wallet for assembly attendance.

• VM44
    VM44

"6- Among the professions we will not need in the NO: teachers and chemists. The CO. "

What stupidity. How old was this CO?

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit