What I Learned at the at the 2 Day Assembly...

by becca1 91 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I read those and it is amazing how much it was about controling people and not bringing people closer to God.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    The DO said he was told this by fellow DO's at a DO meeting.
    All I can see is a bunch of Dodos. Dododododododo

Damn, MrsJones! You beat me to it - I was going to say something like DO DO DO DEE-YO

• Emma
    Emma

This is so they'll all forget that the end was supposed to come really, really soon.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    I am so encouraged!!!!

Thanks becca, so am I.

Now I don't have to go.

Warlock

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    This is so they'll all forget that the end was supposed to come really, really soon.

Someone always gets the exact comment that I need to read.

Good job, Emma. If you don't throw in some controversy, the
    rank-and-file will focus on the Armageddon doctrine.

• blondie
    blondie

I am even more convinced that the cash flow in the WTS is trickling down down down. Why do they have to tell the rank and file to contribute? Isn't it in their hearts to do so? And even suggest that it be $20 and not to spend it on a DVD. I'm surprised that they didn't tell people to skip the trip and donate the money to the WTS.

No chemists and no teachers............I wonder what the "rationale" was behind that. I can imagine the guy is a dolt and has no idea how much chemistry is behind the daily items and processes he uses every day. As to no teachers, are children going to be born being able to read and write and to math? Are the resurrected people all coming back with those skills? Or is this going to be a home-schooled paradise?

And I had JWs saying that there would be gasoline in the new system....I wonder who is going to know how to process it if there are no chemists?

Blondie (DO/CO stupidity shouldn't amaze me)

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Why would we need chemists when we have the "Holy Spirit, the Force Behind the Coming New Order!"?

becca1, I am grateful to you for reminding me why I am so fortunatenot to have to go and listen to that sort of narrow minded pap. Sorry you have to for now, I know the time will come when you will be able to make the great escape.

I'm a lame and lost your e-mail address. I put it in a word document and gave it a name I was sure to remember, duh! Gone. I'll pm you I guess. Sorry.

W.Once

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

No chemists and no teachers............I wonder what the "rationale" was behind that. I can imagine the guy is a dolt and has no idea how much chemistry is behind the daily items and processes he uses every day. As to no teachers, are children going to be born being able to read and write and to math? Are the resurrected people all coming back with those skills? Or is this going to be a home-schooled paradise?

And I had JWs saying that there would be gasoline in the new system....I wonder who is going to know how to process it if there are no chemists?

In Australia (and I think Britain and NZ) a Chemist is a Pharmacist (it can also refer to a scientist in the field of chemistry)

Maybe he's making a point about "no sickness in the New Order"?

• blondie
    blondie

But becca1 is from the US and so I assume the assembly was in the US. No I vote for a singularly dense CO or DO.

• Forscher
    Forscher
    0% of our young ones who go to college remain witnesses. The DO said he was told this by fellow DO's at a DO meeting.

I know a couple of POs who are smirking at that one! I met one of them while he and I were both at a university. That guy was both getting an education and ruling his congregation as the PO at the same time!

I can also think of a bunch more of young dubs who would beg to differ with that statement. College had nothing to do with my own fade, though the elders in my last congo probably think it did. My problems with the bOrg were a result of things I learned early on in the bOrg making the hypocrisy of some of the stuff I heard coming from the platform brilliantly obvious.

Forscher

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit