Whats wrong with Hooters?

by pobthespazz 116 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Teaching a kid who to trust is more important than teaching them to avoid people like Hooter waitresses. The one can protect their life, the other can instill a sense of self-righteousness.

I don't think Hooters servers should be avoided. I just wish people would teach their sons to value Hooter servers for more than their titilation power. Imagine a world where parents teach their children a healthy view of sexuality, rather than objectifying or being objectified by the opposite sex. Sex can be a very good thing. Objectifying people? Not a good thing.

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

I have been to my fair share of Hooters and in my experience the girls didn't mind a bit the attention that was given them in fact they seemed to love it. They were "attention whores" if they weren't they would have worked at Denny's. Sure it objectifies women, but you don't think the men that go there aren't being thought of as an object? They are being thought of as a walking talk wallet, a money despensing machine and all they have to do is work their assets properly and the money comes pooring out. The men aren't real people to Hooters girls. If you ask me it's "quid pro quo", everybody knows the game when they walk through the doors.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    men aren't real people to Hooters girls. If you ask me it's "quid pro quo", everybody knows the game when they walk through the doors.

And you know this because you are a Hooters girl? I guess if the children that are taken to Hooters don't yet know the game, then this is an excellent place to start teaching them the game.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I don't think Hooters servers should be avoided. I just wish people would teach their sons to value Hooter servers for more than their titilation power. Imagine a world where parents teach their children a healthy view of sexuality, rather than objectifying or being objectified by the opposite sex. Sex can be a very good thing. Objectifying people? Not a good thing.

This is making a rather large leap of logic don't you think? So basically if someone enjoys Hooters for the physical attributes of their server, they have objectified women and have an unhealthy view of sex? Please, that's just silly. I'm not a big fan of the traditional, over-conservative view of sex that is pervasive in the US. On the one hand, everyone is here on account of sex, and on the other our culture makes it look like something to be embarrassed or ashamed about.

What do you think is the biggest cause of someone becoming a predator? Seeing a woman in a tight outfit? Learning to be ashamed over normal, healthy feelings? Something else? Women are attractive. I didn't cause it, but I'm not going to pretend it's not so either. I'm not saying you are suggesting that, but making the huge jump from enjoying a woman's body to objectifying her is at least irresponsible. Most men like women and most women like men. Recognizing this, even celebrating this isn't a problem.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    they have objectified women

No, they have objectified Hooters servers, silly.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

LOL! That is too cute.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    LOL! That is too cute.

Glad you think so. Yikes, when I was younger I got objectified. It hurt my feelin's real bad when I figured out all those guys that was whistlin' at me didn't want to fall madly in love with me.

• searching4truth
    searching4truth
    And you know this because you are a Hooters girl? I guess if the children that are taken to Hooters don't yet know the game, then this is an excellent place to start teaching them the game.

I have went out with some hooters girls on dates and some were friends of mine so thats what gave me insight into the ever so complex mind of the hooters girl. And I never took a child so I wouldn't know.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

People can justify anything i.e. "they use the guys as much as the guys use the girls", that's a weak excuse to continue to propigate a bad situation. It's wrong to use a person to satisfy a physical or mental urge, no matter how much money changes hands or how each feels about it, and having a business like that only sends a message that the quality of a person doesn't mean as much as what they look like.

When I thought it was ok, and I was the guy sitting there...I knew all the excuses because to look at the truth was too hard. The truth is men go there to basically pay for attention they cannot get anywhere else because they are insecure, excepting those who go with a group of their friends...but what does that say about their friends?

On a side note...I do crave the wing sauce every now and then...but a can of that is about $5.00 at a grocery store.

People who cannot see this issue have chosen not to...at least for the present time, just as dubs choose not to notice the changes in the Society. Just as before eventually the truth hits them in the face, or they go on to keep making the same mistakes because they choose not to expand their mind to see one of the real truths about life.

You can't respect anyone else correctly until you respect yourself. Self respect will control objectification of others to an astounding degree. Where once there may have been admiration...there will be pity.

Beauty is much thinner than skin deep...especially if it's carrying chicken.

WLG

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I still don't think that there's anything wrong with Hooter's. I like the atmosphere there... and the food isn't bad, either. (I've certainly eaten at worse restaurants.)

We went there just last weekend - Friday - and took my wifes' boy there who was visiting her from Missouri. He hadn't been before, it was getting late - we were on our way home from a marathon shopping day at the Outlet Malls in San Marcos, so I suggested that we go there. My wife, her mom - and Chris all agreed that that would be great!

Okay... there was ONE downside to going there. I went to the restroom to wash my hands (after handling goods all day - I wanted to have clean hands before eating a burger). Anyway... in the restroom... and in stumbles a drunk fella. He takes a whiz - and then starts to go on about something or other... I couldn't tell what - cuz he was slurring his speech. If there were cameras in there, it'd made a really humorous video, as I tried vainly to get the 'automated towel dispenser' to work. Silly thing wouldn't spit out a towel. I then tried the second one - same results. Mental me - panic setting in - as this drunk fella continues to babble on about... something.

Funny thing was... HE got the stupid towel dispenser to work! (Maybe I should drink before trying to use a towel dispenser?) I finally got it to work, and fled the restroom - trying to humor the drunk fella - giving him a 'high five' - for some point that he thought was brilliant.

Later, sitting at our table, I spotted the drunk - across the restaurant (not hard to locate him - he was being obnoxious). He was being 'friendly' with a gal that had joined the group of folks, sitting at a table. He was also getting 'friendly' with the Hooter's server... who was probably hoping for a bigger tip - after having to put up with him.

I mentioned to our server that everything was okay... 'except for the scary drunk guy in the restroom' - (pretending to be scared)... she asked 'who?', and I pointed to him. She saw him, and replied, 'Oh. He's a regular.', in a somewhat annoyed tone.

She was a really sweet gal - who had nice hair and eyes. We asked her if we could take a photo of her with Chris - and she was nice enough to pose for two photos.

Chris loved the restaurant - and the food (he had a hamburger).

Even 'grandma' loved it. There was a motorcycle sitting inside - as part of some promotion, and I jokingly said that we should get Chris' photo sitting on it. He said, 'Naw', and grandma said 'I will!' *mental - shocked look from me and my wife*

Funnier still - when we were leaving, my wife had to go pull her away from trying to get up on it! (My wifes' mom is barely 5'2" - if that - and really petite)

Soooooo... I guess to each their own... I personally treat the servers as I do any servers/wait-staff - at other restaurants. Yeah, they may be dressed different... but they are still working for a living.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit