A Jehovah's witness - Pioneer

by Fly 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• La Capra
    La Capra

Fly,

I left when I was 19, not much younger than you. In the 19 years since I did that, I built a fabulous life for myself. I went to college right away (before burdening myself with a "comfortable" lifestyle). I developed my career as a high school teacher, and then eventually went to law school. Now I'm a lawyer. I built relationships with people who are my family, now, and I am closer to them than I was my own JW family members. Now that you really know that in 20 years, you, this world, your family and everything else will essentially still be here, "in this system," there is no reason not to plan for it.

Keeping busy with work and school will help you to keep your mind off of everything you think you are leaving. You will make new friends and, if necessary, make your own family. Now that you know they aren't right, it is so hard to pretend.

And get help-stay here, talk to a counselor, and know that they can't be right. It really is impossible for them to be right.

Love to friend,

Shoshana

• TopHat
    TopHat

Welcome to the board FLY...I think we all cry when we find out the truth about the truth...we have been duped

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder

Welcome to JWD Fly!!!

You will find a lot of support here. Take your time and please think before you act or speak. I opened my mouth one too many times and now my family is suspicious about me. So.... I have decided to remain active. It isn't easy as there are times I just want to walk out of the KH and never return. Service is especially difficult, but I am just taking my time and hope to one day fade.

What ever you decide to do I wish you the very best.
    Best Wishes,
    I.Wonder

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome aboard. KLS has good advice to make baby steps,
    think about your next move before you make it. I am successfully
    fading so far, but once it starts, I don't want to slow down my
    exit, so I gotta be careful as I have a wife and mother in the org.

If fading is for you, Unique1 had good advice about service. I would
    suggest making yourself seen once or twice ever with a field service
    group, then just turn in some time after that, until you are ready to turn in
    nothing.

• Fly
    Fly

Appreciate all the support guys. How did i know that was a false religion, well from reading the stuff on freeminds etc. I'm willing to know more though so i'll do some extra research but you can bet that I already made my decision and not backing away from it. I 've always felt there is something wrong with this org (with the trinity and Christmas etc)Actually, how did i know all about this? I've gotten into a non-jehovha's witness site by mistake and was amazed at the things said there so i told the posters there that the environment is not good for me spiritually since they're DF brothers. I told two or 3 brothers about it and was kind laughing and they told me yah they're apostate and that i should never go back there again. But those things i've read just couldn't get them out of my mind. So I decided to read more about the so called "anti jehovah's witness" and really could not believe the truth that was being said about my ex. religion. Did some reading and searching for about 2 month now and finally came to realization that yes i was being slaved to the Watchtower organization and that its false religion and has many false doctrine and practices. How do you get that book everyone is talking about, do you order it?

• new boy
    new boy

Peace and love my friend...............You will find no judgement here.

• XU
    XU

I think you can order that book and many more on the Free-minds site. Or you might be able to get it at the library. Just make sure you keep it hidden for now. Witnesses freak out when they see it. I left the witnesses for various reasons, but my dad was bugged out and was demanding to know what other knowledge I had stumbled upon to allow me to let go of the troof. he asked if I had read Franz's books. I hadn't, didn't know what they were. Wish I had read it back then though. It really helps. Ray Franz was where you are right now, and he walks you very gently to greener pastures. It is a grieving time, but it's fabulous that you can start YOUR life now.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

I have ordered several books from www.half.ebay.com. You can search for books by entering the title or author. Some of the books are used, some new. All the books I have ordered came in very good condition. I just ordered Combatting Cult Mind Control (Steven Hassan) last night and it only cost about $3.00 + shipping. Copies of Crisis of Conscience (Raymond Franz) are usually always available too at good prices. Note there are a few revisions to CoC so you may want to go with the latest. I read the first but have not started the latest revision yet. . . . Welcome to the board.

• SB
    SB

hi fly,

i feel so much empathy for you, i'm sorry you had to find out, but so glad you did. there is something that has helped me, and i hope it helps you. Remind yourself that YOU ARE A VICTIM. for every type of victim, there is a recovery process. that process if full of pain, confusion, and emotions you have never experienced. try to seperate emotion from logic when making decisions. write things down, and talk about everything on your mind. this board is an AWESOME place to start. also, make a "wordly" friend. confide in them, tell them the watchtower things that have caused you to leave. their shock will comfort you, and reassure you that you are a NORMAL HEALTHY MINDED person to reject such lies. the witnesses are going to make you feel crazy. tell you that satan is overtaking you. even life long friends will start loosing love for you.

it's going to be hard, but if you don't do it, that would be even harder. to keep living the lie. you would be in a mental prison.

i look forward to hearing more from you. i'm sorry today is so hard.

love,SB

• sspo
    sspo

Fly,

Some of us are still making a few mtgs for one reason or another and we all felt betrayed by the organization and it's lies. Cry as much as you want but take your time in making any decisions or talking to anyone in the family about it until you have a strategy in place.

Do a lot of research on davidgladden.com about the organization and its history.

Count your blessing, you are still very young and could easily start a new life away from the influence of the Watchtower

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit