A Jehovah's witness - Pioneer

by Fly 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• mouthy
    mouthy

mouthy, Yes, I live in Canada. Calgary, Alberta. Send your address I will send one. But dont let the family get it they will destroy it.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

If money is a problem, local churches often have good libraries and will lend for as long as you need it. They will probably give you bibles. Theology schools often have old WT libraries-which was my first proof that the 'quotes' I read were honest and in context (way before the internet and much easier access to the old stuff). Those are good for general bulking up of your conviction that this religion is totally whacked. Reading some of the old stuff, up close and in person is a revelation of how truly strange the group is.

I am glad you got out young. I did too! Wasn't even baptised at 15 when I left. Take the advice, go slow and carefully. You can stop going to meetings without any big announcement at first-till you figure out the best course of action for you and your family.

Moving could be a great option-just out of the congregation or district or whatever.

Best wishes, good luck. I know you are sad, but don't do anything rash. Take some deep breaths and just breathe. . .since the world WON'T end tomorrow, you don't have to figure it all out instantly. But if they hand you kool-aid...run like hell!

Shelly

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Hello Fly an d Welcome,

I left the organization in 1999, and despite the years that have passed I never given up my research. I have found so many lies that the Society's GB have told to people who truly believe these so called men are inspired by God and that God is using them as his prophets here on earth.

I enjoy research very much. Let me share with you the latest information I have come to learn.

Please go to t his web site http://biblia.com/jesusbible/yhwh.htm

Nothing suprises me any more when it comes to the deciet being taught as their so called Truth.

I hope this helps you. My intentions for my research is that I have a goal of becoming a Reverend/Pastor of the Anglican Church of Canada.

Stick around Fly.

orangefatcat

• observador
    observador

Fly, welcome to the board!

You have received great advice here. Think about them with cool head. Don't make any decision in a hurry; Invent something to tell your family; tell them you're just not feeling good lately and need a little break or something.

Meanwhile, you can digest the information you are now exposed to.

Welcome to freedom!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Fly,

Why don't you believe the Witnesses any more? It seems sudden the way you present it - or was there more to it?

Calm down, take a deep breath. Take your time to consider all the issues, there is no rush.

I really feel for you in what appears like a deep crisis you are going through.

Slim

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Hi again Fly: I have found some good bibles at the local Salvation Army thrift shop--they give them away for free! A number of different versions you'll probably find there. I like the New King James, but there are others too. The Message and the Living Bible are paraphrases so not good for doctrinal study, but can be an interesting read. But maybe you aren't allowed to go into the S.A. store?? How about a sly phone call to a local church (try the Baptists), they often have Bibles to give away to those who would like them.

Hang in there, little brother!

TS

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Fly,
    WELCOME!!! We are so glad you stumbled onto Freeminds, and have made your way here. We totally 
    Understand your feelings!! It is so shocking to find out the truth about the "truth". Hang in there!!
    I promise it will get easier. But allow yourself to go through all of the emotions. Anger, disgust, 
    sadness..etc. It is like mourning the death of a loved one. Most that have gone through all the emotions, 
    find that you slowely begin to heal.. and in time things start looking brighter again. Just know we
    are here for you, and we can relate, when you will find no one else can. Please don't jump into any 
    decision to tell anyone just yet. You may really regret it if you don't take your time and really think 
    things through. How will you be able to help them, if they won't even speak to you. Most of us have
    not had good sucess in telling our active family members. Suddenly you are labeled. "Apostate"!!
    But it is up to you of course. Don't forget though that Jehovah and his Son still love you very much!
    And he appreciates that you were willing to give many years out of your love and appreciation for them.
    He won't forget your good works!! Above all, remember that they did not betray you. Just the contrary,
    they have pulled you out, because of their love for you. So please, "don't throw the baby out with the 
    bath water" so to speak. Keep praying for truth, and holy spirit. He will help you through your journey out.
    One scripture my parents gave to me when we were first begining our journey, and we were still scared
    that we were wrong in questioning the organization, and I want to share it with you. 2 Timothy 1:7,
    "For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and love and of a sound mind".

Hang in there, things WILL get better!!
    Sincerely,
    Lady Liberty
  • LeslieV
    LeslieV

First welcome FLY!!!!! Look at it this way, you found the truth about the "truth" that it is not the truth at all, and you did it at a early age. Remember it took along time to be brainwashed, it will now take time to wash your brain clean of its influence. Good luck and keep coming back.

Leslie

• yesidid
    yesidid

Hello Brother Fly,

Welcome to the board. You have been given a lot of good advice.

May I suggest you read this thread on the gentle art fading:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/34518/1.ashx

In fact Lady Lee has gone to a lot of trouble to collate many threads specifically

for people such as yourself who are having withdrawal problems. (As every one of us have had)

It's in the Best of: section and is about Recovery. Does that sound like what you need?

So here it is: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/32/76678/1.ashx

Take care, and..........YOU HAVE AN URGENT MESSAGE.

To check it out look at the top left corner of your screen.

There are many of us who have left the organization but still believe in God and are praying for you.

yesidid

• Fly
    Fly

Thanks again friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit