I thought I was alone

by elinor 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

welcome! I can totally relate to your story. it's really frustrating finding out you've been lied to, and you've sacrificed a lot to the people who bully you and lie to you and are quick to throw you to the curb if you don't submit to their control. it's like lots of types of abuse, I suppose. only worse in some ways because you can't see what it really is when you are too involved in it. Just learn from it, learn to check things out a little more thoroughly before getting too involved. Don't turn your anger on yourself for falling for any of it or for time wasted, and don't spend too much time being angry, it's not worth it.

good luck!

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Welcome, went through much of what you described earlier this year, the doubts were building up for a long time and I finally had to investigate honestly. My last meeting was in March, and I am free now. I'm finishing off my first semsester in college (went back after 19 years) and I am having a blast. Take the time to do a full investigation and you will be amazed at what you will find. Look forward to hearing more. thecarpenter

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome Elinor,

I appreciate the frank and open way you expressed your feelings.

I too had the same roller coaster of emotions.

This board helped me more than I can say.

Some of the best friends I"ve ever had are on this board - people who let me be me and don't judge.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I thought I was the odd one out too Elinor.

What a breath of fresh air finding this forum was for me.

Welcome to our world Elinor.

Cheers

Chris

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Welcome Welcome!! It's like we all grew up in the same house!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

Look in the 'Best of' section, you will find lots of info in there!

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

You know by now that you are not alone. Welcome!

It seems like the emotions that people feel when they find out about the WT are like the stages of grieving for the death of a loved one: shock, anger, self-blame, acceptance. You are grieving for the death of an illusion of God's perfect organization. It doesn't exist, in fact, God did not intend for us to follow an organization, just his son Jesus. I hope that you will find comfort from learning about the true love of Jehovah for the world. The Wt has twisted things beyond recognition!

Take care,

TS

• unique1
    unique1

WELCOME!!!!! I know exactly how you feel. The Daniel book was an eye opener for me as well. When they started taking scriptures that obviously were about Jesus and they had said they were about Jesus in the past, and suddenly applied them to the GB and the FDS, I just lost it. There is no FURTHER application of the scripture, it has been fulfilled. Once something is fulfilled, it has no further meaning exept as a lesson. (Sorry a little rant there)

Tell your Dad you came across this info while researching 1975, and since it happened before you both entered the org, you thought he might find it interesting. http://www.reexamine.org/quotes/vaccination.htm

You may want to copy and paste the info to Word and print it out from there, the vaccination stuff and the 1975 quotes provided to you earlier, that way the website won't be printed on the bottom of the page as it would be if you just print directly from the internet. That way he won't know you got them from possible "apostate" sites.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Welcome Elinor! It gets better, but it's a slow process. Always be gentle on yourself and on those people around you.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Welcome Elinor!

I was very angry when I discovered the real truth about the JWs...so much so that I wrote to the society in Brooklyn about it. It didn't do much good, they couldn't answer the questions and just sent elders around to see me instead. I narrowly escaped disfellowshipping and now nearly 6 years on, I am still not DF'd. I'd recommend just "fading" so that you can still speak to your family etc.

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit