I thought I was alone

by elinor 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Well, I thought I was 'alone' between I guess '93 and '96, and then I found the xJW community online.

I can understand you wanting to fade, it;s what I did as I have kids an ex-wife and an entire family in...

... or I should say I HAD an entire family in, as 'the penny dropped' with some of my nephews and they've recently announced they're not going any longer. They did this on their own (and until recently on their own included not confiding in each other) as although my family don't shun me there's very little contact.

I'm so happy for you; it is hard learning you've been used the way you have, but;

... the best revenge is living well...

... and not fufilling the dire prophecies Dubbies make about people who 'fall away' (never use their terms; 'fall' sounds like a mistake or accident, most people 'walk away' quite deliberately... ).

So try to put your anger and frustration into doing just that, as that's the bet way to show Dubbism up for being the bunch of lies it is. You might have to re-examine your beliefs on loads; friendship, sex, god, evolution, charity, holidays; you might find once you put on your critical thinking hat you'll find religions are all just varying degrees of self-deception and whistful thinking. Sometime in the future you'll find you've (unawres) been thinking of things or acting like a Dubbie and have to kick yourself for it; it's not something you can 'get over' quickly.

But you can live, and live well, hell, live BETTER than you ever did before.

Merry Christmas!!!

But

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit