Scriptures the Org never quotes in talks or publications.

by wanderlustguy 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I just read a post today that caught my attention, and gave me an idea.

Name off some scriptures the society rarely or never quotes and the subject they pertain to.

Job 1, 1-3 and Job 3, 1-5, Birthdays.

• under_believer
    under_believer

wlg, help me out... what is your interpretation of those passages in Job, and what motive do you think the Society has for never quoting them?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

scriptures that show the earth will end and that paradise is in heaven.

2 Corinthians 12:2-4

“I know a man in union with Christ who, fourteen years ago—whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know; God knows—was caught away as such to the third heaven . 3 Yes, I know such a man—whether in the body or apart from the body, I do not know, God knows— 4 that he was caught away into paradise and heard unutterable words which it is not lawful for a man to speak.”

Isaiah 51:6 “Raise YOUR eyes to the heavens themselves, and look at the earth beneath. For the very heavens must be dispersed in fragments just like smoke, and like a garment the earth itself will wear out , and its inhabitants themselves will die like a mere gnat. But as for my salvation, it will prove to be even to time indefinite, and my own righteousness will not be shattered.”

Hebrews 1:10-12 “You at [the] beginning, O Lord, laid the foundations of the earth itself, and the heavens are [the] works of your hands. 11 They themselves will perish , but you yourself are to remain continually; and just like an outer garment they will all grow old, 12 and you will wrap them up just as a cloak, as an outer garment; and they will be changed, but you are the same, and your years will never run out.”

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

Revelation 19:1

The Great Crowd is in heaven.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Isaiah 54:1

Those in the new covenant will be more numerous than those in the old covenant.

Slim

• ferret
    ferret

John 6:53-54 Verily I say unto you except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood ye have no life in you. KJ.

• dvw
    dvw

i dont recall where it is; the one that tells about the dudes with weiners as big as a horse.

• NowImFree
    NowImFree

dvw,

What in the heck are you talking about, that is hilarious, but if it's actually in the bible, I will be shocked.

NowImFree

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

dvw,

you been reading my wife's diary?????

Pope

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

I think you're thinking of Jeremiah 5:8.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit