Scriptures the Org never quotes in talks or publications.

by wanderlustguy 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Yes indeed MrsJones5, it does, and so does the book of Galatians. Just too many scriptures that don't jive with the anointed and the 144,000. I still believe Jah has something that we can' t figure out and we are all going to be surprised

1 Cor 2: 7-9 7 No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. 8 None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 However, as it is written:
    "No eye has seen,
    no ear has heard,
    no mind has conceived
    what God has prepared for those who love him" [b] —

vss 16 16 For “who has come to know the mind of Jehovah, that he may instruct him?” But we do have the mind of Christ.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Proof that Jesus did not die on the stake, he had nails, not just a nail in his hands.

John 20:25; "unless I see in his hands the print of the nails and stick my finger into the print of the nail s and stick my hand into his side, I will certainly not believe".

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

So is that where the phrase "hung like a donkey" comes from? (Ez 23:20 - the New English Bible says "members were like those of donkeys")

Sheesh, it really is true that most every phrase and idiom can be traced back to the Bible or Shakespeare.

Slim

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Acts 1:7

It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Jourles

I don't get it???? What the heck are vs 15 & 16 referring to??

Pope

Hebrews 11:13-16 ---

13 In faith all these died, although they did not get the [fulfillment of the] promises, but they saw them afar off and welcomed them and publicly declared that they were strangers and temporary residents in the land. 14 For those who say such things give evidence that they are earnestly seeking a place of their own. 15 And yet, if they had indeed kept remembering that [place] from which they had gone forth, they would have had opportunity to return. 16 But now they are reaching out for a better [place], that is, one belonging to heaven. Hence God is not ashamed of them, to be called upon as their God, for he has made a city ready for them.

Primarily versus 15 & 16. I recall one evening at the meeting I poked my wife and told her they wouldn't address these scriptures. Sure enough, the bro going over the chapter during the number 1 talk didn't even talk about it. He went over verse 13, but skipped on over the rest. I nudged my wife and said, "I told you so." She had that bewildered look upon her face as if thinking, "How did he know they would skip over those scriptures??"

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

wow, lots of ammo here!

• Jourles
    Jourles
    I don't get it???? What the heck are vs 15 & 16 referring to??

Pope, those particular versus are preceeded with:

4 By faith Abel offered God a sacrifice of greater worth than Cain, through which [faith] he had witness borne to him that he was righteous, God bearing witness respecting his gifts; and through it he, although he died, yet speaks.

5 By faith E´noch was transferred so as not to see death, and he was nowhere to be found because God had transferred him; for before his transference he had the witness that he had pleased God well. 6 Moreover, without faith it is impossible to please [him] well, for he that approaches God must believe that he is and that he becomes the rewarder of those earnestly seeking him.

7 By faith Noah, after being given divine warning of things not yet beheld, showed godly fear and constructed an ark for the saving of his household; and through this [faith] he condemned the world, and he became an heir of the righteousness that is according to faith.

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed in going out into a place he was destined to receive as an inheritance; and he went out, although not knowing where he was going. 9 By faith he resided as an alien in the land of the promise as in a foreign land, and dwelt in tents with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the very same promise. 10 For he was awaiting the city having real foundations, the builder and maker of which [city] is God.

11 By faith also Sarah herself received power to conceive seed, even when she was past the age limit, since she esteemed him faithful who had promised. 12 Hence also from one [man], and him as good as dead, there were born [children] just as the stars of heaven for multitude and as the sands that are by the seaside, innumerable.

What do all of these people have in common within JW doctrine? Each and every one of them are to be resurrected here on earth, according to the WTS. Now read versus 15 & 16 again. If they were to remember the place from which they came, [the earth], they would have an opportunity to return. But they are reaching out for a place, one that belongs to [heaven]. And God has made a city ready for them.

It seems fairly black and white to me. What else could it be referring to?

• Kaput
    Kaput

Black and white to you, Jourles, but not the dubs. The following is the Borg's slant on things from the Jan. 15th, 1998 WT, pg. 11, paragraph 10: Concerning him and his wife Sarah, their son Isaac, and their grandson Jacob, Hebrews 11:16 says: "God is not ashamed of them, to be called upon as their God, for he has made a city ready for them." Yes, Jehovah has a place for them in the earthly realm of his Messianic Kingdom.

So much for black & white.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit