Scriptures the Org never quotes in talks or publications.

by wanderlustguy 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Various scriptures in Romans which speak of being savied and given grace by faith not works.

• Honesty
    Honesty

1 John 5:12-13 The one who has the Son has life. The one who doesn’t have the Son of God does not have life. I have written these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

John 5:38-40 You don’t have His word living in you, because you don’t believe the One He sent. You pore over the Scriptures because you think you have eternal life in them, yet they testify about Me. And you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

• Kaput
    Kaput
    i dont recall where it is; the one that tells about the dudes with weiners as big as a horse.

Ezekiel 23:20

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

WOW, I had no idea that was in the Ezekiel!

I like Song of Soloman chapter 8... the boobie chapter... especially Song of Soloman 8:10... breasts are like towers

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Breasts like towers? Maybe OK for turning on an architect but doesn't do it for me, sorry....

Pope

• NowImFree
    NowImFree

Oh wow, you are right about Ezekiel 23:20. I never knew that existed and it's pretty graphic let me tell you.

NowImFree

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

(Jeremiah 5:8) . . .Horses seized with sexual heat, having [strong] testicles, they have become. They neigh each one to the wife of his companion.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

(Ezekiel 23:20-21) 20 And she kept lusting in the style of concubines belonging to those whose fleshly member is as the fleshly member of male asses and whose genital organ is as the genital organ of male horses. 21 And you continued calling attention to the loose conduct of your youth by the pressing of your bosoms from Egypt onward, for the sake of the breasts of your youth.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    what is your interpretation of those passages in Job

This is one of the passages that opened my eyes to the duplicity of the WT.

"His Day" involving a celebration, even if it is NOT a birthday(but I believe it is), flies in the face of everything the WT teaches.

Granted, God has a special surprise for Job's son later on, but it is not "only bad things happen on birthdays" as the Wt teaches.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    wlg, help me out... what is your interpretation of those passages in Job, and what motive do you think the Society has for never quoting them?

The first set talks about celebrating his son's "day", the second shows what a person's "day" is, the day of birth. Job was "blameless".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit