Society laying the groundwork for "new light"?

by sir82 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Jourles
    Jourles
    though Pastor Russell has passed beyond the veil, he is still managing every feature of the Harvest work.

So........is Charley still managing, or did he move into retirement and let the other big dogs take over? Cuz things are not running according to how he would have liked.

• gumby
    gumby

Yes, 'ol Charlie has gone into retirement and has gone into the fulltime wheat harvesting work cuz he still takes the scripture literally about the fields being ripe for harvesting.......plus him and Joe Rutherford got into a fist fight right in front of Jesus and Charlie kicked Joe in the nutsack and got a 40 year "time out" from acting as a king.

Gumwheat

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Apparently people are asking serious questions about WHY the number of the "anointed" has not gone down significantly in the last decade when we are supposed to be so very close to the end. The WT may be trying to forcibly lower the count of those partaking (a number I think is much higher than they report anyway) by telling some they are wrong about their hope and harrasing them out of the org.

I'm not surprised people are asking questions. The number of memorial partakers has caused comment for the past few years, and I can well imagine it is causing more than a little embarassment to the wts now. If they have to harass old timers out of the org to save themselves from having to admit they might be wrong or have to make major adjustments to doctrine, they are ruthless enough to do so. They will do anything it takes to maintain control.

• I quit!
    I quit!
    It seems that resurrected ones of the 24 elders group may be involved in communicating of divine truths today.

Do the dead contact them or do they contact the dead? I wonder if they'll publish a list of the names of the spirits who are working with them.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    It seems that resurrected ones of the 24 elders group may be involved in communicating of divine truths today.

Oh, the WTS is backing itself into a corner with this one! Last I checked, Necromancy and Divination are disfellowshipping offences.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    I suspect the "new light" will be this: Governing body members could be members of the "great crowd" rather than "anointed". If the "faithful & discreet slave" can communicate from beyond the dead, you don't really need any living on the earth, do you?

Agreed. I have felt that they have to do this for a long time. And like Elsewhere says they are painting themselves into a corner. But its what they do best. Bottom line is these old crones don't care as they will be dead.

tsof

• Jourles
    Jourles

The only way they can make this fly is by establishing a correlation of the 24 to jah's holy spirit. Do the 24 run a pirate broadcast on the hs's frequency? I have a feeling we will be seeing "apparently," "it stands to reason," "no doubt," and "the evidence indicates" listed in upcoming articles explaining how the hs is directly related to the 24's message to the fds.

• minimus
    minimus

I know where Rutherford got his "spirit"ual direction.

• bennyk
    bennyk
    though Pastor Russell has passed beyond the veil, he is still managing every feature of the Harvest work.

This is especially rich because it was written and published in 1917, when (according to current WTS doctrine) "Pastor" Russell was dead and not yet resurrected.

• uninformed
    uninformed

This is taken right from the Revelation Climax book:

*** re chap. 20p. 125 A Multitudinous Great Crowd***

The Great Crowd Makes Its Appearance

17 From the time of the apostle John and on into the Lord’s day, anointed Christians were puzzled as to the identity of the great crowd. It is fitting, then, that one of the 24 elders, representing anointed ones already in heaven, should stir John’s thinking by raising a pertinent question. "And in response one of the elders said to me: ‘These who are dressed in the white robes, who are they and where did they come from? ’So right away I said to him: ‘My lord, you are the one that knows.’" (Revelation 7:13,14a) Yes, that elder could locate the answer and give it to John. This suggests that resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today.

Someone is all screwed up. Either the "governing body" needs to clean out their ears, or the resurrected ones need to quit telling them false prophecies.

This is nothing but spiritism. NOTHING.

I can't believe that I actually probably conducted that study in the REV book and didn't catch that point. What a turd'head I was!

So good to be gone.

Brant

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit