Society laying the groundwork for "new light"?

by sir82 43 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

In the January 1 2007 WT, there is the following quote in one of the articles regarding the "first resurrection" (there are a few other posts on that article already):

It seems that resurrected ones of the 24 elders group may be involved in communicating of divine truths today.

This may be the most significant sentence in the article (haven't read it in its entirety yet). I don't recall seeing anything like it in print before.

Seems to be laying the groundwork for a "flash of new light", to be exposed probably whenever the last of the 3 old-timers hanging on (Barr, Barber, Jaracz) drop off:

I suspect the "new light" will be this: Governing body members could be members of the "great crowd" rather than "anointed". If the "faithful & discreet slave" can communicate from beyond the dead, you don't really need any living on the earth, do you?

This resolves the whole issue of the "young anointed", and the paradox of roundly criticizing anyone who who dares to profess to be such in a local congregation, while simultaneously depending on such "young anointeds" to fill positions on the chief doctrine-producing body, the GB.

This could also lead to just entirely dropping the annual report of the (increasingly embarrassing) constant count of 8000+ Memorial partakers. Why bother to count them, if the majority are in heaven and are "communicating" with the GB? That would also take the pressure off them regarding the silly 1935 date, and it could just fade into oblivion.

Jaracz is the youngest of the old-timers, but he's in his 80's with heart problems. He may not last another 5 years. I'm sure they'd like to implement this before another embarrassing date arrives, 2014 (marking the close of the first century of the "last days").

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Hi thanks for the information.

Please see my thread in friends "what is the WT up to now?". I have been hearing from my fellow "anointed" friends all over the country that are saying the elders are trying to push them OUT of the congregation. Apparently people are asking serious questions about WHY the number of the "anointed" has not gone down significantly in the last decade when we are supposed to be so very close to the end. The WT may be trying to forcibly lower the count of those partaking (a number I think is much higher than they report anyway) by telling some they are wrong about their hope and harrasing them out of the org. Think about it, if people are paying attention the WT has to come up with a good reason as to why the number has been so high. If they organize a witch hunt against those professing to be heavenly and throw them out - they can tell the congregations that the number was high because some haughy ones were partaking when they should not have been. But now the numbers should be "adjusted". This is a very big issue with people still inside the org.

The WT is also up to some major organizational restructuring which will go along with there being no "anointed" leff on earth. If someone can find the link - ( I am not good at finding links). we discussed this issue a while back here on JWD and I said that the organization will do something drastic to change their organizational structure compeletly, even if this means that older ones will be disgusted and leave or forced out. They don't care but rather are concerned with campainging for new blood to come into the org and the numbers have been stagnant for some time. They are going to sacrifice the current members to try to boost their image and numbers. Just like Rutherford did when he forced out the bible students who came in under Russell and then had the "advertise, advertise, advertise" campaign. Their only survival will depend on whether they can ever increase their converts again. If not, the organization will burn itself out soon anyway. We are only seeing the beginning phase of what I think will be a major change. Lilly

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/124039/1.ashx

Here's some other thoughts on this same topic.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

This is quite interesting.....Think about it! ANYTHING could be channeled (sounds spiritistic, doesn't it?) by anyone that died and went to heaven. Having "new light" would be wonderful as it would prove that the "anointed" are actually calling the shots---not New York! This is BEAUTIFUL! I love it!!!!

• proplog2
    proplog2

Wait 'til Jaracz joins the 24 elders in the sky. What will HE be telling the organization?

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

I agree, it sounds very much like spiritism. Maybe their occultic roots are going to be coming more and more outwardly apparent.

Alice Bailey was a turn of the century spirit medium who wrote a collection of books from a "higher power". She wrote much about a new age or a coming new world and a new enlightenment. The UN cherishes her work too.

I can't help but see parallels and I think the convergance of these type of ideas will only grow closer and closer together.

• TopHat
    TopHat
    Mat 15:9But in vain they do worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men.
  • cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

And how exactly do they communicate these divine truths??? And why is it that the annointed here on earth cant hear them properly!

CS 101

• minimus
    minimus

It's tough to hear from the distance, you know. Sometimes the GB gets a little whisper and being old and hard of hearing, it's easy for imperfect men to err. This PROVES that what comes from above is always correct. It's just the message taker sometimes misunderstands the direction.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    It's tough to hear from the distance, you know. Sometimes the GB gets a little whisper and being old and hard of hearing, it's easy for imperfect men to err. This PROVES that what comes from above is always correct. It's just the message taker sometimes misunderstands the direction.

Prince can now be among the appointed princes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit