Society laying the groundwork for "new light"?

by sir82 43 Replies latest jw friends

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Just what the heck are these 'divine truths' that the 24 elders are spiritistically communicating anyway?? The Watchtower Society hasn't produced any new 'divine truths' for ages....it's just the same old shite year after year, like a broken record. They are completely silent on modern day political, etc, developments as they may relate to bible prophecy, except to speak in vague generalities about the so-called 'composite sign' we have witnessed since 1914, blah blah blah? What this ridiculous notion is about is really pushing Jesus even further into the realms of non-activity. Jesus has retired to the Pleiades star-system and is sipping celestial Pina Colada's, having abrogated all spiritual duties to the GB and its committees, and now the 'faithful and discreet slave' class members who are supposedly already resurrected in heaven have also taken over Jesus role. KISS THE SOCIETY LEST THE GOVERNING BODY BE ANGRY AND YE BE DISFELLOWSHIPPED FROM THE WAY. HAPPY ARE ALL THEY THAT PUT THEIR TRUST IN THE GOVERNING BODY TODAY!!!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

M.J. quoted WT literature:

*** What Does The Bible Really Teach? chap. 10 p. 103 Spirit Creatures—How They Affect Us ***

So "anyone who inquires of the dead" has been misled by wicked spirits and is acting contrary to the will of God. (Deuteronomy 18:10, 11; Isaiah 8:19)

The JW's GB will say they are not inquiring of the dead, but the resurrected (not dead) are contacting THEM.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Maybe the GB has Caller ID and can see that Chuck or da Judge is giving them a call?

Pope

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I found it interesting that in one of the latest magazines reporting on the latest Gilead graduation talks, Jack Barr said that 1914=start of kingdom rule is one thing that they are totally sure about and that the Gilead graduates must also be totally convinced about, or words to that effect. This possibly indicates that it is mainly just the old school members of the GB, such as Barr, Jacaracz, etc, who cherish and are clinging on to the utterly tenuous 1914 creed, but that the younger generation of GB members who are now coming in may be less willing to be so dogmatic on this belief? We know that as far back as when Ray Franz was on the GB, some GB members indicated a certain amount of doubt about the whole 1914 thing, at least according to Franz in COC. Surely, then, some GB members harbouring private doubts and speculations related to their 1914 chronology must be even greater today!

• Sacchiel
    Sacchiel

This infuriates me!! If they drop the 1914 date, then their authority (albeit self-claimed) lacks credibility.

It just keeps getting more and more disgusting.

Has anyone heard of the idea they are proposing that Jesus comes back seven times total? I'll search in this site, but if you know anything please direct me accordingly.

Thank you

• exjdub
    exjdub
    And how exactly do they communicate these divine truths???

The Urim and the Thummim of course!

Urim and Thummim:

The sacred lot by means of which the ancient Hebrews were wont to seek manifestations of the Divine will. Two other channels of Divine communication were recognized, viz. dreams and prophetical utterance, as we learn from numerous passages of the Old Testament. The three forms are mentioned together in 1 Samuel 28:6.

exjdub

• Borgia
    Borgia

When I read that a picture came to mind: Attack of the clones contains a part where master Joda is instructing Obi Wan to bring one of the twins to Tatooine. However, he promised to teach him how to communicate with Gui Gon, his former instructor. He suddenly appeared from beyound death to communicate with master Joda.......

......right........

a friend of mine once said: "the bible is a badly written science fiction novel". .....who fits the shoe....

Amusing ......

cheers

Borgia

• lesterd
    lesterd

To think; less than 2% of the count of "anointed" are at Bethel and how many of them are GB, that means the body of Christ is in the field, how much input do they have when it comes to prophesy and doctrine? I'll tell you...none. I have known of anointed that have gone to Bethel with "light" and not made it past the receptionist. The GB says that the other sheep can be used by the spirit to write the WT, well a jackass was used in the Bible to direct the prophet Balam, so I guess todays prophet is talking out its ass too.

• lesterd
    lesterd

And who are the ones doing this? Anointed? No, so the direction for this is not from spirit begotten members of the body of Christ. I know of several who do not partake at public meetings because of this "great crowd" prejedus. And as I remember it, when ever there was a split in Gods nation, it seems that the lesser number were the ones wh still had his favor.. So if in 1918 those cast out of the BORG, a small number, that according to the BORG had to be replaced. BUT if the numbers are reversed there is plenty more room for new anointed. And those that were cast out were humble enough not to talk out about the BORG, out of fear or respect for its apparent representation of Christ and Jehovah.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Such a notion is not unprecedented, even from the WTS's early roots. Charles Russell taught that the "anointed" would rule from heaven through a certain channel of perfect humans, who would be resurrected right after armageddon. The perfect humans for the job were none other than the "ancient worthies", i.e., Abraham, Jacob, etc., and would possess the ability to directly communicate with the anointed kings and priest spirit creatures in heaven.

From Studies in the Scriptures, Vol 4, Study 13, p. 619:

But we do not expect that the communication between the spiritual rulers and their earthly subjects will be after this manner during the Millennium; for we find that God has made provision that a certain class of humanity, already tried (during the period before the Gospel age) and found worthy of perfection and everlasting life, shall throughout the Millennial age serve as the intermediaries between the spiritual Kingdom, the saints, and their subjects, mankind. (4) These intermediaries, while not the Kingdom in the proper sense of the word, will be so fully the representatives of it amongst men that they will be recognized as the Kingdom by men: they will represent the Kingdom before men and be the only visible representatives of it. Hence we have termed these "the earthly phase of the Kingdom," visible among men. `Luke 13:28` These, "Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets" and ancient worthies referred to by our Lord and by the apostles (`Matt. 8:11`; `Heb. 11:4-40`), having passed their trial, will be awakened from death perfect--fully restored to human perfection; and will not require a "resurrection by judgment" a thousand years long, as will the residue of mankind. And this perfection will enable them to communicate with the spiritual Kings and Priests direct, without need that the spirit beings assume fleshly bodies for the purpose of communicating the laws, etc., for the world. Just as Adam, while perfect, before his transgression, could commune direct with the heavenly powers, so will these worthies commune, when restored to the same state of perfection. But the earthly rulers will not be the "Kings and Priests," but under the King's appointment they shall be "princes in all the earth"--prominent or chief ones--rulers, instructors.

Could New Light from the Society follow the same direction? Except that it will be applied BEFORE the 1000 years begin?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit