Society laying the groundwork for "new light"?

by sir82 43 Replies latest jw friends

• M.J.
    M.J.

This is taken right from the Revelation Climax book:

re chap. 20p. 125 A Multitudinous Great Crowd***

The

Great Crowd Makes Its Appearance

From the time of the apostle John and on into the Lord’s day, anointed Christians were puzzled as to the identity of the great crowd. It is fitting, then, that one of the 24 elders, representing anointed ones already in heaven, should stir John’s thinking by raising a pertinent question. "And in response one of the elders said to me: ‘These who are dressed in the white robes, who are they and where did they come from? ’So right away I said to him: ‘My lord, you are the one that knows.’" (Revelation 7:13,14a) Yes, that elder could locate the answer and give it to John. This suggests that resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    If the "faithful & discreet slave" can communicate from beyond the dead, you don't really need any living on the earth, do you?

They can bring out Freddy Franz ideas again. I know we keep getting our expectations too high here on JWD, but I will do it again. WOW, expect some really whacko stuff to come out of "New Light" in the years leading up to the end of the 1st Century of the last days (Oct 2014).

• M.J.
    M.J.
    *** What Does The Bible Really Teach? chap. 10 p. 103 Spirit Creatures—How They Affect Us ***

So "anyone who inquires of the dead" has been misled by wicked spirits and is acting contrary to the will of God. (Deuteronomy 18:10, 11; Isaiah 8:19)

• gumby
    gumby

Not to rain on anyones parade.......but the idea that the annointed MIGHT direct matters on earth in the New System isn't a new idea and has been discussed before in past Watchtower study articles......but I don't have a clue as to where it was stated. I remember a picture in one Watchtower where various presidents were shown from Russell to Fred Franz and the article spoke about ones such as these "ruling from heaven". After all, they do believe these ones will rule as 'kings over the earth'.

Jesus said the Holy Spirit would teach his diciples when he left the earth.......but we all know they put little importance on that scripture.

Gumby

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I personally think this could be dynamite

• restrangled
    restrangled

Not only are the FDS communicating from beyond, next it'll be Russel sent a personal message that the pyramids really did hold all the clues but it needs to be measured by the metric system.

Somebody needs to stop messing with the light switch.

r.

• sir82
    sir82

Gumby,

the idea that the annointed MIGHT direct matters on earth in the New System isn't a new idea and has been discussed before in past Watchtower study articles

True that...but the idea that the already-died-and-gone-to-heaven anointed might be directing matters on the earth RIGHT NOW is the point the article makes.

Although it's not a new idea, as I had suspected - it was in the Revelation book, released in 1988.

But I wonder if the thought might gather steam now, now that it is rather eveident that the entire Governing Body will be comprised of "young anointeds" within 5-10 years.

• Jourles
    Jourles
    the pyramids really did hold all the clues but it needs to be measured by the metric system.

Well if that's the case, 1914 inches/A.D. just became 4861 centimeters/A.D. Will the earth still be habitable by then?

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

"8:3. And another angel. - Not the "voice of the Lord," mentioned in the preceding chapter, but the corporate body - the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, which Pastor Russell formed to finish his work. This verse shows that, though Pastor Russell has passed beyond the veil, he is still managing every feature of the Harvest work. The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society is the greatest corporation in the world, because from the time of its organization until now the Lord has used it as His channel through which to make known the Glad Tidings. (The Finished Mystery 1917 p. 144)

• gumby
    gumby

Watchtower 1930 September 1 p.263

.... But it seems certain that when Jesus came to his temple and began his work of judgment he would direct his holy angles to take the necessary action to cause the separation of the disapproved from the approved ones, and would use his angels to bear messages to them to direct the approved ones as to what to do. (Matt. 13:41) It is the power and authority proceeding from Jehovah God by and through his Christ Jesus to accomplish this work; but the angels are there for this purpose, and it is not the demonstration of the parakletos or holy spirit as a helper that directs men to do the separating work. If the holy spirit as a helper were directing the work, then there would be no good reason for employing the angels.(end quote)

These demented old bastards can't decide who directs the preaching work and directs matters on earth before armageddon.....the faithful annointed who have died, Jesus, Jehovah, the Holy Spirit, or the angels.

In the above article, they even unemploy the Holy Spirit and employ the angels cuz they hate the fact that the angels might be sitting on their asses and not doin nuthin......and everyone knows how Jehovah hates lazy creations of his

Gumworker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit