Gays Leave JWD!

by hambeak 141 Replies latest jw friends

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Sounds like the person who made the call is a lurker and not a poster, but I could be wrong.

And as for kicking them off the board, I say ignore them, the more attention they get (negative/positive) the more power they feel. Anyways, I would only think that seeing people accept each other regardless of our sexual orientation, religious beliefs or political views, would drive this person crazy! Leave them be, let them stew in their narrow-mindedness and ignorance.

• freetosee
  • wozadummy
    wozadummy

Ah I'm sorry FUNKY you've gone to so much trouble trying to put me down but I'm afraid my post was supposed to have a funny wink thingy on the end but since I've changed browsers I could'nt do that ,and I thought people might still pick up on my comments as a joke but it seems FUNKY that you've shown to me at least that you have let emotions lead your thinking and now you've publicly put me down the same as others put down gays. I'm sorry this has happened but I'll try to learn to spell better and use my computer better if you'll be more tolerant of me. Respectfully Steve

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Woza:
    Even a ~wink~ wouldn't have softened what you wrote. There's nothing jocular in your turn of phrase.

You felt "compelled" to write your post, and Derek felt compelled to write his. The only thing he has put down is bigotry. If you want to "own" that and feel Persecuted, then so be it. He certainly owes you no favours for your comments.

Hambeak:
    Sorry to hear you experienced that. It pays to be prudent about who you give your phone number to. Quite literally anyone can post here, with viewpoints within the radius of extremes. I would count it a lesson in life and ignore the jerk!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Do you think that gay ex jw's should just go away? We won't! Granted some are weird and most are decent people. What do you say?

No, I appreciate, everyone, I think intolerance of all sorts is religiously motivated.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I do not think this board is a homosexual former Jehovah's Witness website. I think it is a website that promotes the idea of discussing all aspects of the former Witness world. My experience with issues, with gay friends, is that they want to discuss that issue more then some people are going to be comfortable with or like Rosie Odonnell, did and does, the other day ... she made the Clay Aiken thing with Kelly Ripa a gay issue, when it was not*. Some people look to make battles, where ones do not exist on both sides of the aisle. Being gay, is not something all former Witnesses welcome with open arms, either. I think we must realize, that the people who left the religion, did not necessarily leave Christianity. Christianity condemns the gay life style, in most mainstream forms of it. So your going to have that issue too. I know a lot of former Witnesses, that are still very conservative. In my honest feeling, if either side does not feel comfortable here, then don't come back. This place should not be about conforming to every whim of the masses. People either come in, and be part of the discussion in what ever positive or negative way it is flowing or leave. If you don't like it, either explain why and expect opinions, or keep it to yourself and move on to some where that fits your needs better.

To add. When I first came to this site and noticed that ads come up based on what you write in your topic. I kept seeing ads for links about gay marriage constantly. I thought it was odd and for a short time, I thought the site admin might be a homosexual and this was his way of talking about the issue. I might add, I was here almost six months or more, before I even figured out who the site admin was and then realized my first thought was wrong.

I don't promote my straight sexual lifestyle. I do not condemn others for their lifestyle. People have the right and freedom to be who they feel they are. I dislike Drama Queens or Kings, in all lifestyles, walks of life, age groups, or what ever form fits the person. In my deep study of psychology, I learned that people use things like, "they do not like me" or "they do not accept me" in groups to manipulate people into "liking them" or better yet, in making their life easier in one form or another. I think that is bull shit. People have to come into a group, be who they are, and face the positive or negative to that personality. That is how you grow as a person, not by manipulating weak responses of "tell them to come back, we will be better" (in which guilt has made someone second guess their own actions, in which they may not even be relevant to the situation).

The former Witness life, is a lot like dealing with the death of a loved one or loss of a job. There are levels people go threw mentally, and those are natural. Be loving, but don't be manipulated. Be strong, but don't be a jerk. If people dislike your comments, and twist them to sound like something you did not mean or like. Look as these as insight to how that person feels about themselves, as much as they feel about you or the situation. Above all ALWAYS be yourself and do not let the little parts of society and interaction, get out of hand to the point that you are just an emotional puppet who falls to all the whims and whiners of this world. Acceptance does not mean you lower yourself to some easier to mold person, acceptance works both ways!

To add, I think every single person should stay here for as long as they want. Even those who are dealing with hate. As they need as much healing, as the person dealing with all the other issues they see here. Also, for someone to say they should leave ... whatever, who care!

*One time, early on, while on this site. I was confronted by a person who said they were gay here, on an issue that had nothing to do with being gay. I was talking about levels of acceptance, and the next day I had a rather lengthy negative response about how I must not be really Pagan, as Pagans are often accepting of gay lifestyles. I read my response, several times, and did not see one mention of me saying anything about gay lifestyles.

• free2beme
    free2beme

(Double post)

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

wozadummy:

Ah I'm sorry FUNKY you've gone to so much trouble trying to put me down

Really, it was no trouble. You made it so easy.

but I'm afraid my post was supposed to have a funny wink thingy on the end but since I've changed browsers I could'nt do that ,and I thought people might still pick up on my comments as a joke

A joke, eh? Maybe you should go on tour with Michael Richards.

(See how it's possible to be funny without the use of smilies?)

but it seems FUNKY that you've shown to me at least that you have let emotions lead your thinking

I don't think I've ever been accused of that before! Granted, my intense dislike of your bigoted idiotic ramblings coloured my response but my opinion that homophobia is a pathetic, unjustifiable prejudice is based on reason, not emotion.

and now you've publicly put me down the same as others put down gays.

Nice try, but that's not going to wash. I "put you down" for your expressed opinion, which was poorly thought out and badly expressed. That is an accepted, even expected, part of being on a discussion board. It is not at all like telling someone that their kind are not welcome here, or that God will condemn them for who they find attractive.

I'm sorry this has happened but I'll try to learn to spell better and use my computer better if you'll be more tolerant of me.

You should do it for yourself, not for me. Being able to read and write at an adult level will stand to you if you ever need to apply for a job or, heaven forbid, serve on a jury. What you think of as my intolerance is largely concerned with your opinion anyway; but while I dislike it, I still tolerate it and you. As someone who dislikes political correctness, I'm sure you'll understand that my tolerance of your opinion and your right to express it does not require me to like it, nor indeed to keep quiet when I disagree with it.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Oh this is so priceless and really makes me smile:

((((((Danny Haszard))))))
    I Danny Haszard am a straight friend to gay,lesbian and transgender folks, have tens of thousands of anti Watchtower pages up not one page is homophobic.

BTW I have secular worked for years in Boston heavy construction with a LOT of lesbians get along just fine.

I have this great image in my mind of Danny hanging with the lesbian heavy construction workers.

I think Danny is one of the sweetest people.

(sorry for hijacking a little to say that)

-K
    (who wishes there didn't even HAVE to be a discussion on gays- people's sexuality should have NO bearing on what we think of them as a person- but I AM impressed at the struggles that many gays (and many others who are a part of a group not accepted by society by no fault of their own) go through and how they rise above this challenge)

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

Hambeak,

I'm sorry that you had to endure such abuse. I can't imagine why he thinks he has the authority to order a whole group of people off this board. It sounds like this man has some deep psychological issues that need to be addressed.

I feel sorry for him as he is very unhappy. I think he has closeted feelings that are tearing him apart. Just lets give him some compassion.

I'm touched that you are able to show such compassion to this man. You sound like a really great person and I'm glad that you are on this board. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit