Gays Leave JWD!

by hambeak 141 Replies latest jw friends

• hambeak
    hambeak

I got a phone call from a person that I gave my phone # to. and this person said that gays are not welcome here and this is not what this board was really about. I told them that this is only one part of the crap that the wts did to people and that we are people too. This person was so vitriolic that I just hung up. Do you think that gay ex jw's should just go away? We won't! Granted some are weird and most are decent people. What do you say?

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I think that person needs to go away.....this board is about acceptance and we all have sinned, so who are we to judge? Can we really say that because you were born gay that you are a worse sinner than someone born straight. Ham...in my book you are great and you are welcome anywhere that I would ever want to be.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

A lot of straight people are weird too...the gays should stay.

Josie

• gordon d
    gordon d

Isn't one of the main points of this board about being accepted after being rejected?

As for me, I don't really care which team you play for... I love ya and I'm glad you're here!

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

There are small minded people every where, including here, but for the most part the vast majority of people here know your pain and sympathize with it as well. Straight or gay, we are all struggling to find our way out of the borg and forward. We can only be judged by our actions. Not by what a voice on the other side of a phone line says about us. Judge for yourself, don't let another person (entity) make up your mind for you, decide for yourself and go from there. Regardless of whether you stay or go, peace be with you. L_G

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

After all the crap people have been through, I find it amazing that bigotry would still persist.

steve

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

(((Hambeck)))

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm glad you're here.

• My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW
    My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW

When did Pat Robertson join the board?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hi, hambeak! [waves from Murphy] At times, people leave the board for lots of reasons and sometimes it's because they don't feel welcome. I can think of many times during my time on the board (3 years now? 4?) when some idiot has started a thread that is really mean about gays or certain ethnic groups or [cough, cough] political opinions and people have gotten pissed off or had their feelings hurt. But I feel that the majority of the people who post here, myself included, strive to be and in reality are very tolerant and non-judgmental about lifestyles.

Politics is another matter . . .

Lots of hugs,

Nina

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Great response MIL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit