Worst Jw reasonings of all time

by drew sagan 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux

Edited: browser reposted when I hit Return, and now it won't let me delete

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I would be laughing if it weren't for the fact that I used to fall for this crap. I like the sailboat tacking reasoning, but I am with Moshe

The WT Society = the house that the lie of 1914 built.

The original sin of the publishing company.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The reasoning that JWs are the happiest people on earth blows me away. Particularly look at how they deal with surveys that other people are happy.

Kingdom Ministry 2002 p.1 The Happiest People on Earth “Happy is the people whose God is Jehovah!” (Ps. 144:15) Those words describe Jehovah’s Witnesses as the happiest people on earth."

Awake 1982 April 22 p.15 So Much “Happiness”—A Sign of What? “Thirty percent of the people who responded said they were very happy. … the fact that people’s sense of well-being has not changed much in over 20 years does not argue that conditions actually have not changed. It merely shows that perhaps the majority of the people have either failed to recognize the meaning of what is happening, or they have deliberately chosen to ignore it.”

Notice how the WTS says that 30% of people claim they are very happy because they are ‘ignoring’ the fact that they should not be happy.

• blondie
    blondie

OXYMORON

JW Reasoning

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

It's not blood, it's meat juices.

• badboy
    badboy

DEDPOET,YOU BEAT TO THE PROPERBLY MOST SILLY QUOTE FROM JW LITEREATURE!

• vitty
    vitty

"Many have wondered how accidents would be avoided during Christ's kingdom, since we are told that nothing shall then hurt or destroy. Most accidents are due to gravitation and its effects. Falling from airplanes... etc., may be avoided by an individual negative gravity device.

"Scientists tell us that there is enough atomic energy in a finger-nail to propel a battleship. The people of the future may carry a little of this energy around with them, and if they fall down an elevator shaft they can let themselves down easy. Then they can turn a little more on and go back up. ... No danger of falling down stairs then." - Golden Age, March 24, 1926, p. 404.

This has got to be the best................................because its still relevant, JWs do wonder how we wont get hurt in the new system. So if they are given this explanation it will show them how silly the whole concept is.

Where do you get all these quotes from ?

Ive just had to come back to this quote.............why was it discussing the new system when they only had a heavenly hope in 1926 ???

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

This one got me pretty hard:

Watchtower 1986 March 15 pp.10-15 'Do Not Be Quickly Shaken From Your Reason'

7 Now, what will you do if you are confronted with apostate teaching—subtle reasonings—claiming that what you believe as one of Jehovah's Witnesses is not the truth? For example, what will you do if you receive a letter or some literature, open it, and see right away that it is from an apostate? Will curiosity cause you to read it, just to see what he has to say? You may even reason: 'It won't affect me; I'm too strong in the truth. And, besides, if we have the truth, we have nothing to fear. The truth will stand the test.' In thinking this way, some have fed their minds upon apostate reasoning and have fallen prey to serious questioning and doubt.

That was the end of that discussion. God forbid that anybody should question or doubt their beliefs.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass
    It's not blood, it's meat juices.

HA HA ha.... ah you got me a good one. I've heard it, and then yes, I've said it myself, and had eyes rolled at me.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Wonderful work guys!! This should be re-posted on the Friends board.

Sass my frass found the quote that first made me uncomfortable with WT logic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit