Worst Jw reasonings of all time

by drew sagan 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Well, let's all pick out our favorite 'best of the worst'. Teaching found in the publications that just are on the total brink of absurdity. My vote is in for this 'striking parallel' between the time peroid of Jesus life and the 1914-1918 time peroid. What garbage.

*** re chap. 6 p. 32 Unlocking a Sacred Secret ***

[Box on page 32]

A Time of Testing and Judging

Jesus was baptized and anointed as King-Designate at the Jordan River about October 29 C.E. Three and a half years later, in 33 C.E., he came to Jerusalem’s temple and threw out those who were making it a cave of robbers. There appears to be a parallel to this in the three-and-a-half-year period from Jesus’ ‘sitting down on his glorious throne’ in the heavens in October 1914 until his coming to inspect professed Christians as judgment began with the house of God. (Matthew 21:12, 13; 25:31-33; 1 Peter 4:17) Early in 1918 the Kingdom activity of Jehovah’s people met with great opposition. It was a time of testing earth wide, and fearful ones were sifted out. In May 1918 Christendom’s clergy instigated the imprisonment of officials of the Watch Tower Society, but nine months later these were released. Later, they were completely exonerated of the false charges against them. From 1919 the organization of God’s people, tried and refined, moved zealously forward to proclaim Jehovah’s Kingdom by Christ Jesus as the hope for mankind.—Malachi 3:1-3.
  • Clam
    Clam

Hehe Drew that is totally awful. That's going to take some beating.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I think this one takes a bit of beating

dpchap.15pp.262-264TheRivalKingsEnterthe20thCentury***

"Despite the size and strength of the Allies," says TheWorldBookEncyclopedia, "Germany seemed close to winning the war." In previous conflicts between the two kings, the Roman Empire, as king of the north, had consistently been victorious. But this time, ‘things were not the same as at the first.’ The king of the north lost the war. Giving the reason for this, the angel said: "There will certainly come against him the ships of Kittim, and he will have to become dejected." (Daniel 11:30a) What were "the ships of Kittim"?

In Daniel’s time Kittim was Cyprus. Early in the first world war, Cyprus was annexed by Britain. Moreover, according to TheZondervanPictorialEncyclopediaoftheBible, the name Kittim "is extended to include the W[est] in general, but esp[ecially] the seafaring W[est]." The NewInternationalVersion renders the expression "ships of Kittim" as "ships of the western coastlands." During the first world war, the ships of Kittim proved to be mainly the ships of Britain, lying off the western coast of Europe.

The ships of Kittim "proved to be" the British Navy in WW1? I know they have a vivid imagination but...

• badboy
    badboy

THEY WERE 2 SERIOUS ERRORS,I BELIEVE IN LAST QUOTE.

CYPRUS WAS GIVEN BY TURKEY AFTER CRIMEAN WAR IN THANKS FOR OUR HELP.

KITTIM MAY HAVE BEEN CRETE(UNSURE ABOUT THAT ONE,HOWEVER!)

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

KITTIM MAY HAVE BEEN CRETE(UNSURE ABOUT THAT ONE,HOWEVER!)

Kittim was Cyprus, not Crete, and that was a quote from the Daniel book. How the wts arrived at the conclusion they did is beyond me, but then again so are most of their teachings.

• badboy
    badboy

DEDPOET,I STAND CORRECTED!

I LOOKED ON SOME WEBSITES,AND THEY HAD IDEAS THAT MIGHT BE BREACHING WT COPYRIGHT.

• moshe
    moshe

"The Time is at Hand" book.- 1908

pg99

" In view of this strong Bible evidence concerning the Times of the Gentiles, we consider it an established truth that the final end of the kingdoms of this world, and the full establishment of the Kingdom of God, will be accomplished at the end of A.D. 1914---"

As they say, covering up a lie leads to another and another, and another--- The WT Society = the house that the lie of 1914 built.

I have the original book, signed by the person who studied it and this paragraph was the only one in the entire book that was underlined in pencil.

• Mary
    Mary

What about the belief that Jehovah lived in the Dagoba System......or wherever that was.....that was truely bizarre.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

"Millions now living will never die" was a pretty bizarre statement, to say the least, since booze Rutherford said it around 1920. I would guess that most of the people that heard it are now dead.

• badboy
    badboy

DO YOU MEAN PLEIADES?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit