Worst Jw reasonings of all time

by drew sagan 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

Any organization that is so ego-centric to believe that Bible prophecies revolve around its own history has to be suspect. One of the "worst" that I questioned even when I was a JW was the Watchtower's application of opening of seals and the trumpet blasts in Revelation that supposedly represented talks given at a series of assemblies back in the 1920s. Described are earth shaking events. The insignificant "whimper" of these assemblies was heard only by a small number of the attendance.

• gordon d
    gordon d

The WTS President's (Judge Rutherford) stance on medicine was a bit... "bizzare".....

"We do well to bear in mind that among the drugs, serums, vaccines, surgical operations, etc., of the medical profession, there is nothing of value save an occasional surgical procedure. Their whole so-called "science" grew out of Egyptian black magic and has not lost its demonological character.... we shall be in a sad plight when we place the welfare of the race in their hands."

The Golden Age, Sept. 8, 1937, p. 771.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    The insignificant "whimper" of these assemblies was heard only by a small number of the attendance.

I totally agree. The ony people who remember these 'earth shaking' events are the writing staff at WT headquarters. Not even the vast majority of JW belivers remember these things, because they wern't their to hear them!

• My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW
    My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW

Worst reasoning? The claim of being God's inspired organization and the subsequent explanation of the FDS appointing the Governing Body.

Close #2: Because the early congregation was theocratic and inspired, then if the current JW organization is theocratic it must also be inspired.

• badboy
    badboy

MIL,ISN'T THAT CALLED CIRCULAR REASONING?

• M.J.
    M.J.

That the two witnesses described in Revelation 11 were the Bible Students. When they were killed by the wild beast from out of the abyss, this meant that Rutherford and a few other WTS leaders were thrown in prison. The fact that they weren't buried and left out to rot and stink meant that Rutherford and company were denied bail.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The one on new light is pretty nutty:

"New Light can be likened to a ship tacking back and forth, side to side, and going all over the goddam place to reach it's destination, and no, it didn't sink or get lost you morons. We have a connection with Jehovah, so STFU."

Sorry, I don't have the exact quote, so I went from memory.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Any organization that is so ego-centric to believe that Bible prophecies revolve around its own history has to be suspect. One of the "worst" that I questioned even when I was a JW was the Watchtower's application of opening of seals and the trumpet blasts in Revelation that supposedly represented talks given at a series of assemblies back in the 1920s. Described are earth shaking events. The insignificant "whimper" of these assemblies was heard only by a small number of the attendance.

I had the same thoughts, even as I was joining the JWs. The JWs are insignificant on the world scene - if they vanished tomorrow most of the world would not notice or care. It's a shame I didn't act on my gut feelings regarding this at the time. W

• Confession
    Confession

From Russell's Studies in the Scriptures, Thy Kingdom Come, p. 342, 1897 edition...

"...this measurement is 3416 inches, symbolizing 3416 years...This calculation shows A.D. 1874 as marking the beginning of the period of trouble..."

Later in the 1916 edition of this same publication, the text was changed to read...

"We find it to be 3457 inches, symbolizing 3457 years...Thus the pyramid witnesses that the close of 1914 will be the beginning of the time of trouble..."

The above measurement was supposedly the length of an interior passageway found inside the pyramids. It has no reference in scripture, and it's interesting how this measurement suddenly and miraculously changed by 41 inches after previous prophecies went unfulfilled, just in time for this new interpretation given them by Jehovah.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

havent got the Revelation book to hand..but what was that one about the dead bodies stinking on the highway ...and it was offensive to false religion or some such nonsense?It was supposed to represent a .....actually i dont even remember the rest..it was so whacky!

This is fun.JWism truly is nutty as a fruit cake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit