How Often Do You Come To JWD During A Day, Week or Month??? Hours or Mins?

by minimus 559 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

Running the family business these last 37 years has had its share of ups and downs, but I have to say I love it here at Sea Harbor and plan on staying past retirement. I know I'll really never retire with a family-owned business. Besides, retirement is a death sentence. Ours may not be the biggest garden center in the area - we've had a lot of "big names" invade with their inferior product - but we provide the best service and highest quality nursery plants and trees as far as I'm concerned. We've always managed to get good help, and even if the kids we hired were a little rowdy when they started up, we whipped them into shape in short order. I'm a no-nonsense boss but I am fair. Some of the kids call me "Dad."

One in particular - Johnny W. Ever since his father died 7 years ago - a terrible tragedy - he's been pretty close to me. I've had him help me do clean up here in the nursery since he was a little boy. Good worker. Never misbehaved. That's why he's now my assistant manager. But I know something's wrong with him. He's been moody lately and that's just not him. Quiet, yes, but never moody. I try to talk with him when there's a lull. Of course, that's rare with so many landscape projects going on and him directing most of the business now.

Some young lady came in the other day and cornered Johnny when he was taking inventory of our overstock evergreens. She was yelling up a storm and I would've stepped in if there had been customers but we were about to close down for the day and no one was there but them two. Well, she said her peace and stormed off. Johnny just was staring off into space. I felt so sorry for the kid. Can't imagine he deserved that tongue lashing. But what do I know - I'm just an old man who's probably forgotten what hot-blooded kids get riled over.

I'm going to talk to him about it later. Don't want to play the interfering dad ...

Bernie

• Mincan
    Mincan

Jesus this thread is creepy, and I think I'll leave as quickly as I entered.

Is this some sort of shrine this poor man set up for himself that thinks he's Errol Flynn?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Do Not Call, 6 March 2006:

Just the odd glance in my 'just out of the org' days, then when I realized the demons weren't going to make my kids' heads rotate 360' I started reading most days just before bed.

Now I can post, I check in whenever I sit down with a cup of tea and have PC access. It is quite addictive. ********************************************** Addictive? No way!

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I leave for a bit and see what happens to this place???

• compound complex
    compound complex

Welcome back, Sweetstuff!

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Friend/Friends,

What I write is meant to be entertaining, nothing more. The incidents recounted are based on the lives of real people and real events - mostly.

I acknowledge that I am not my avatar despite the resemblance.

Isn't it OK to have a little fun?

No Apologies.

CC

• Mincan
    Mincan

It's awesome! No apologies needed...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Mincan,

Be well and prosper!

May your life be free of incident ...

CoCo

• Mincan
    Mincan

Hey you too mon ami, and have some fun with Olivia De Havilland for crying out loud!

Isn't she like the sweetest actress...ever?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Diary,

I haven't had a chance to visit with Olivia for quite a very long while. We had done a spot in Bidwell Park, Chico - robbing from the rich, giving to the poor. When I was in Carmel-by-the-Sea subsequent to that aforementioned earlier date, we stopped by Joan's lovely estate. My cousin Rachel happened to be spending a rather coolish, typical Pacific coast summer with Ms. F.

We went for a saunter along the rather brutish trail leading off the grounds. Tragedy was averted when, I - ever the vigilant eye - spotted the old bridge in a tumble-down state. Ollie was chatting away with her characteristic vigor, her eyes never off me for a minute. Moments before the heiress took her last step into the next world, I lunged forward to avert the untimely demise of so fair a maid.

We embraced and looked out toward the horizon. A sea hawk spiraled downward toward its prey and we spoke no more that night ...

Leslie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit